MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Manager, Software Engineering
We are looking for a Manager – Software Engineering, to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
This position will lead Agile teams comprising of a team of employees and contractors in their career growth. mentorship, and problem resolution. Team building skills will be essential to succeed in this role.
• Provide ongoing guidance to teams on professionalism, career growth, development standards, automation and tools and processes such as Agile, Lean, etc.
• Work with Product Management and Engineering to translate product use cases and requirements to industry-leading design, architecture, and implementations. Influence the product owner to balance the business and technical priorities and the value of the architecture work.
• Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks.
• Support level 3 production problem management including root cause identification and resolution.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps
• Regularly communicate with leadership about risk analysis and design trade-offs.
• Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
• Participate in development and code review of key functionalities.
All About You:
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Hands-on, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function independently under pressure.
• Experienced in Object Oriented Architecture and Design based on Java and related technologies:
o Spring Framework
• Strong experience on Cloud based development & infrastructure as well as deep understanding of Web/Application servers like JBoss, Apache Tomcat, along with CICD Pipelines.
• Multi-tiered Web application deployment knowhow
• Capability of building high quality, highly secured & high performing solutions.
• Hands-on knowledge of tools like Sonar, Dynatrace, GIT, Rally/Jira, CI (Jenkin / Bamboo)/CD, Splunk
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills
• Proven experience in SDLC & implementation of Projects
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Domain/Functional knowledge - Banking, Financial Services, Payments, Insurance, Retail, Technology etc.
• Knowledge of BDD methodology and technologies like Cucumber
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-183887