MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering
Providing Innovative, Secure, and Reliable Solutions is the essence of Mastercard, we are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced software professional to join the Cyber and Intelligence Team.
Are you a collaborator capable of communicating effectively with Business and IT stakeholders across all organizational levels?
Are you an innovator who embraces, adopts, and studies the latest technology to solve challenging business problems?
Are you a leader who inspires the team to think “out of the box” and effectively communicates across all levels of the organization?
If this describes you, Mastercard wants to talk to you about the opportunity to work as Manager, Software Engineering under Transaction Switching Program.
• Formally supervise and coach 2+ squads of engineers to build, enhance, and support multiple applications/services in the delivery of internal or market-facing Products, Platforms, or Product bundles
• Provide ongoing guidance to teams on professionalism, career growth, development standards, automation and tools and processes such as Agile, Lean, etc.
• Work with Product Management and Engineering to translate product use cases and requirements to industry-leading design, architecture, and implementations. Influence the product owner to balance the business and technical priorities and the value of the architecture work.
• Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks.
• Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
• Recruit and hire the right talent, always bringing in someone better than at least half the individuals in the role.
• Continuously engage and improve teams’ performance by conducting recurring 1-1 meetings, knowing your people, managing career development, and understanding who is at risk.
• Provide strategic thinking and leadership related to a wide range of applications and systems, or software-development methodologies.
• Regularly communicate with leadership about risk analysis and design trade-offs.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• IT experience with successful track record in managing small scale development organization (2+ teams) with demonstrated thought-leadership, cross-functional influence, and partnership.
• Hands-on, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to function independently under pressure.
• Has skills in building applications using open frameworks to achieve reuse and reduce development times (e.g., Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, Angular and others).
• Able to perform debugging and troubleshooting to analyze core, heap, thread dumps and remove coding errors.
• Has skills to document and coach team on the development practices and coding guidelines (e.g., branching, peer reviews, library use, logging, scanning rules, test-driven development, error handling).
• Understands use cases for advanced design patterns (e.g., service-to-worker, MVC, API gateway, intercepting filter, dependency injection, lazy loading, all from the gang of four) to implement efficient code.
• Understands system architecture to plan for platform and infrastructure capacity (e.g., database, compute, network, storage) and drives the dependency prioritization to reduce the delivery lead time.
• Has skills to orchestrate release workflows and pipelines and apply standardized pipelines via APIs to achieve CI and CD using industry-standard tools (e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo, AWS/Azure pipelines, XL Release, others).
• Able to configure rules and build automation for code with vulnerability scanning and software composition analysis using standard tools (e.g., Sonar, Checkmarx, JFrog XRay, Veracode, others).
• Domain/Functional knowledge - Banking, Financial Services, Payments.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-180881