MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering - Reliability Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering - Reliability Engineer
Overview - MDES is looking for a strong, innovative Site Reliability Engineering Director to drive Mastercard's next generation of Digital Payment products to change how our customers choose to pay. We are looking for a Technical Leader who can bring unique perspectives and innovative ideas to improve our platform performance in the ever changing technology landscape. Payment grade performance at scale is critical to Mastercard’s role in the Digital Payment Space. This role is responsible for the big picture of how Mastercard systems relate to each other, and to external partners, using a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems.
An ideal candidate is a skilled communicator, capable of leading multiple scaling and performance initiatives, enjoys solving problems in a challenging environment, and possess a passion to learn and desire to take their career to the next level. If any of these opportunities excite you, we would love to talk.
• Apply expert technical capabilities across discipline(s) to coach and mentor technical talent.
• Meet with individual Team members on a regular basis to help them navigate their careers
• Inspire others with the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
• Provide status and updates to Sr. and Executive Management
• Lead recurring discussions with key external customers and internal dependent teams
• Define and implement strategies to evaluate and improve platform performance, capacity planning, reliability, and lead customer interactions
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Create and maintain technology roadmaps
• Look at all tasks with an eye for automation; then define strategies to automate
• Build, implement, manage and maintain robust dashboards reflecting system health.
• Scale complex systems sustainably through mechanisms, like automation, and evolve systems by driving changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Review services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Increase, maintain and communicate service performance once live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
All About You :
• Excellent verbal and written communication to a variety of audience with various levels of technical acumen
• IT experience including demonstrating thought-leadership and relationship building across large-scale organizations
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Experience leading development efforts, coaching and mentoring
• Experience working across teams to troubleshoot complex issues and provide guidance
• Passion for learning, technology, software performance and resiliency
• Established expertise in software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices
• Exceptional customer relationship skills
• Experience with static analysis tools to improve software quality
• Degree in technical related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience in performance testing, chaos engineering and automation
• Experience with Java, Angular applications
• Experience with design and tuning of cloud-native applications
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150326