MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering [ Java, Spring boot, Microservices, Cloud, PCF, Webservices ] in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Software Engineering [ Java, Spring boot, Microservices, Cloud, PCF, Webservices ]
The Bundling and Digital Market Innovation team is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to support the development of new platforms to improve our Customer’s experience, create competitive differentiation, drive upside economics and increase services penetration and scale.
Role: Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market. Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs). Skilled at learning quickly, implementing new technologies, frameworks and tools and supporting multiple concurrent activities.
• Lead an engineering team that will build, operate and maintain software in order to meet business needs
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements
• Innovate for our Customers - take a long term perspective to build systems and features.
• Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies
• Own collection and reporting of platform metrics.
• Hire, mentor, and retain a best-of-class engineering team
• Foster career growth and a strong team culture
• Ensure personnel have appropriate skills and behaviors; and effectively communicate performance results; as necessary, managing each effort within approved manpower and budget guidelines.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6 + years of Software development experience
o Java, REST API, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Jenkins, Spring, Mongo, GIT
• 3 + years as a Development Manager managing teams of at least six engineers
• Highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills
• Experience in related field, including experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-82223