MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering (Data Transformation/ Big Data) in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Software Engineering (Data Transformation/ Big Data)
This is a leadership position in MasterCard Worldwide managing many aspects of the enterprise data warehouse. The objectives for this role will be to manage the Data Transformation team (ETL) and aiding with the successful delivery of project and keeping the production running flawlessly. The data staged by the transformation team in turn gets ingested by business intelligence, data sciences and various lines of businesses.
Position with extensive understanding and knowledge of software operations with solid knowledge of data warehousing. Provides management direction and recommends strategic directions based on established policy. Leads and manages staff and assures staffing, training and objective setting. Recommends policy changes and implementations. Interacts with developers and requestors to identify scope of project.
All About You
Must be high-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
Ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Provide leadership and strategic direction for the Data Warehouse Data Transformation or Data Enrichment team
• Coordinate development needs with product and analytics teams across the organization
• Define governance framework and standards
• Identify and recruit additional talent to build a data driven, world class software development organization focused on delivering data solutions and analytics
• Expand the ETL platform roadmap with an emphasis on 3rd party data integration and data services
• Define a key set of quality and performance metrics appropriate to the organization
• Work closely with business partners on product definition, product roadmaps, business case development, and overall direction
• Ensure approved staffing levels are maintained, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs are met
• Ensure budgets are managed to investment value
• Manage operational and business concerns relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements to ensure consistent delivery of quality services
• Ensure development supports all appropriate certifications and compliance requirements, including those for PCI, GLBA, Safe Harbor, and others
• Apply the business strategy and drive the technology strategy balancing short term and long term needs to ensure performance and scaling objectives are achieved
• Leverage data to drive significant business impact
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in in computer science or related functional area or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
Knowledge / Experience:
•Prior experience working for a startup or tech innovation company preferred
•prior experience managing data warehouse solution delivery and hands on experience with crafting solutions around big data
•hands on technical experience required – as this role is expected to jump in and solve technical issues and mentor teams on technical skills
•Budget and financial management experience.
•experience with software solutions delivery
•Experience preparing & delivering executive level presentations to business and technology audiences.
•Experience mentoring and developing resources in a high performance culture.
•Ability to translate highly complex technical matters into easily digestible and actionable plans.
•Advanced knowledge of business or function.
•Requires the ability to lead and manage senior technical individual contributor and management staffs with the ability to foster open communications across various organizational levels. Requires skills to motivate direct and indirect reports to deliver superior results.
•Requires the skills to provide functional and directional guidance to staff and recommend policy or strategic direction changes to management.
•Requires the ability to interact across multiple organizational levels and assume a lead role and set direction for large or complex projects.
Technical Skills – Hands on working experience with the technologies listed below is required:
•SQL – complex SQL and should have dealt with large volumes of big data
•in depth knowledge of RDBMS technologies, i.e. Oracle and Big Data Solution such as Hadoop or Neteeza
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-61704