MasterCard Manager, Product Development in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development
The Commercial Platforms are a key differentiator to win and grow Commercial card business for Mastercard. The Smart Data platform is a key focus of overall commercial strategy and is integral to our success. We are seeking a dynamic Product Manager/Owner, Reporting & BI (Business Intelligence) Tools with a broad business and technology background to manage the strategy and execution of our Reporting products development, customer lifecycle management and support. This role involves leveraging solid product management skills, knowledge of technology and product development, partnering with between the Global Product team and the O&T (Operations & Technology) team to deliver our Reporting roadmap & decommission strategy to improve data visualization, business analytics, data mining and ETL (Data Extraction and Transformation) engines.
Smart Data is embarking on an exciting initiative and this role is central in that vision, from concept to market release and optimization. This role is positioned to drive new ideas forward by combining creative thought leadership with innovation and industry best practices as the platform revamps the entire business intelligence offering. By entering in the early phase of a truly transforming and impacting strategic initiative, the experience is certain to be rewarding.
• Understanding of customer needs and expertise in product platform to develop new products and influence overall product strategy
• Reporting roadmap in collaboration with Global and Regional Product teams, as well as Technology team members
• Manage a suite of Reporting data products currently supporting both internal and external customers
• Design and develop requirements for our cross-functional teams
• Drive research efforts to understand customer needs and inform priorities and product decisions
• Measure the impact of new Reporting and BI Tools data features and functionality and make changes as necessary
• Lead the full product cycle from ideation to user research, design, development, launch and monitoring for product features, including decommissioning Legacy products and components
• Take ownership of issues, develop recommendations and execute on proposal
• Provide oversight and Product engagement of the commercial platform testing and release process to ensure product quality
This role requires the successful candidate to:
• Demonstrate energy and a desire to succeed, follow through on commitments and push self and others to deliver exceptional results
• Own the vision of the future and translate that vision into action, linking others' contributions to the success of Smart Data
• Proven track record of successful product development
• Have engagement experience with a scaled agile methodology
• Interact successfully with clients, MasterCard Account Managers, Product, Technology and Operations support staff to meet the needs of our customers
• Develop deep knowledge of MasterCard Smart Data suite and the entire commercial transaction flow
• Translate product requirements into technical specifications, ensuring mutual understanding and minimizing time to market
• Validate technical delivery and ensure that delivered functionality is fit-for-purpose
All About You :
• Background preferred in one or more of the following:
• Product management and development
• Agile Development
• Technology Development & Operations
• Business analytics and reporting tools experience, desired
• Experienced using data base products and/or ETL products and processes, desired
• SQL knowledge
• Strong ability to interact with, influence, and build consensus across a variety of internal business units, external partners and service providers
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Familiarity with PME framework
• Undergraduate degree required
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182737