MasterCard Manager, Product Development, Switching Solutions in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development, Switching Solutions
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Connectivity and Switching team is dedicated to growing MasterCard revenue from transaction switching and proprietary value added services associated with switching and as standalone offerings. The Connectivity and Switching Solutions team partners with other Mastercard Product Groups, Operations & Technology and Regional Partners to enhance the strategic fit, quality, efficiency and applicability of Mastercard’s network and services assets to customer needs. The team creates and packages Product and Solutions offerings to drive new transaction flows, VAS product distribution and competitive advantage with merchants, processors, financial institutions, fin-techs, and other industry participants.
As part of the larger team and reporting to the Technical Product Director the Product Manager is responsible for identifying and creating technical designs for the Mastercard Network Gateway Service (MNGS) structures and features to improve and solve business and client needs. This position will use deep knowledge of the current functionality of the architecture, leverage licensed, but unused components available through our partner vendor and Mastercard or other networks to help drive competitive advantage and product evolution. The Product Manager will focus on the capabilities, and detailed information from Mastercard and non-Mastercard networks to design solutions using (as often as possible) standard Mastercard tools. This position will seek to maximize the release of new technical capabilities used by our partner vendor to rationalize and improve the client experience. The goal is to design solutions that make MNGS easy to implement and simple to use for clients. Maximize automation of manual tasks and integrate solutions to streamline the processes and procedures that are supported today by clients, internal operations, and technical resources. This position will deliver the technology features roadmap to ensure the coordination of product initiatives (e.g. automating exception processing) and corporate projects (e.g. future technology evolution) to drive the realization of our Network or Networks strategy across the business.
• Perform technical design, support development of existing and new products.
Understand product vision and business needs to define product requirements and inform product architectural solutions.
• Develop architectural and design principles to improve performance, capacity, efficacy and scalability of product.
Work with Product Manager in planning and executing technical and new product releases.
• Consult business management team to clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified products.
• Work with domain, product management and product engineering teams in the solution engineering efforts.
• Work with sales and product management teams in solution demonstrations.
• Deliver technical product roadmap and architectural standards that assure product development projects optimally align with business objectives.
• Drive product validation policies so as to deliver products that meet system and project expectations.
• Facilitate the creation, review, and approval of project deliverables.
• Provide support for production escalations and problem resolution for customers.
• Assist technical team with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge.
• Develop broad knowledge about current and future product features.
• Define technical response to business requirements that address market opportunities.
All about you:
• Significant experience in payment switching technologies, turning customer use cases into technical solutions, and using technology to reinforce strong client value propositions.
• Product management experience highly desired.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent experience in a related technical field.
• Significant experience designing payment solutions for use in different geographies, considering regulatory, business and processing characteristics present in different markets.
• Creative design thinking skills that seek to create value driven technical solutions with the end user in mind.
• Vendor management experience.
• Ability to manage across a global and decentralized organization.
• Creativity and problem solving.
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119484