MasterCard Legal Specialist ( LLB, Audit, Assurance, Privacy ) in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Legal Specialist ( LLB, Audit, Assurance, Privacy )
Specialist, Legal Services - Privacy and Data Protection Services
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC partners with the Law, Franchise and Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the Mastercard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC team provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
The Specialist, Legal Services - Privacy and Data Protection Services will be part of a team of privacy legal specialists within the broader GBSC Legal Services team. This position will support Mastercard’s integrated approach to privacy and data protection and be primarily accountable for support of the privacy compliance assurance program, including the collation and presentation of monitoring metrics, the testing and measurement of controls, and the management of business line outreach and remediations. The position will provide support for the negotiation of data protection terms in services agreements and stand-alone data protection agreements, and the successful candidate will have a focus on delivering positive customer experiences and efficient business results.
• Does the pursuit of excellence appeal to you?
• Are you committed to customer service?
• Do you enjoy solving legal and business problems?
• Are you passionate about identifying and implementing process improvements?
If so, keep reading as this might be the perfect role for you.
• Understand complex global privacy and data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and apply legal concepts to business and data constructs and processes
• Support all aspects of the privacy compliance assurance program, in close cooperation with Privacy subject matter experts
• Support Business Units outreach to enable Self-Assessment, follow-up on compliance questionnaires, assess responses and drive escalation as necessary
• Support testing and measurement of controls and identify compliance gaps against existing privacy control frameworks
• Support documentation of Compliance Action Plans for the gaps identified and track for completion
• Support development, collation and presentation of monitoring metrics
• Help prepare compliance assurance regular management reporting and employee assurance training
• Support business, GBSC and Privacy subject matter experts and legal colleagues in enabling privacy certifications such as the Binding Corporate Rules and ISO 27701
• Provide superior customer service according to the GBSC standards in terms of quality, response time, resolution time and adhering to Service Level Objectives
All About You
• Must have hands on experience on ISO 27001 audits and implementation, minimum LLB graduate preferred; CIPP/E or any IAPP or CISA or CISM certification will be an added advantage, alongside ISO27701 implementation or audit experience is highly preferred;
• Strong privacy and data protection interest required, willingness to invest into getting up to speed with privacy and data protection laws globally quickly
• Previous experience in a compliance, audit or assurance role is preferred
• Legal experience in privacy and data protection a plus, interactive technology, digital marketing or data driven products preferred
• Knowledge of US, European, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, or other non-Indian legal systems a plus
• Familiarity with the financial services industry and payment processing industry, a plus.
• Advanced negotiation skills, hands on experience in contract negotiation and project management a plus
• Previous experience in a compliance, audit or assurance role is mandatory
• including third party risk management, implementation and collation of control metrics, testing of privacy controls, audit
• Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity
• Excellent legal, implementation, audit knowledge and business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with various types of stakeholders (business, lawyers, third parties such as vendors)
• Positive and energetic leadership skills with focus on efficiency and team building skills
• Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on collaborating with key legal and business stakeholders to negotiate and confirm legal contract terms
• Demonstrated strength in customer focused service orientation
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-118562