MasterCard Legal Services - Specialist in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Legal Services - Specialist
Specialist, Legal Services - Privacy and Data Protection Services
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law, Franchise and Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly co-located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the Mastercard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
The Specialist, Legal Services - Privacy and Data Protection Services will be part of a team of privacy legal specialists within the broader GBSC Legal Services team. This position will support Mastercard’s integrated approach to privacy and data protection and be accountable for transitioning, managing Global Records of Processing Activities and delivering positive customer experiences and efficient business results.
• Does the pursuit of excellence appeal to you?
• Are you committed to customer service?
• Do you enjoy solving legal and business problems?
• Are you passionate about identifying and implementing process improvements?
If so, keep reading as this might be the perfect role for you.
• Understand complex global privacy and data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and apply legal concepts to business and data constructs and processes
• Manage and develop privacy compliance tools, assist global business partners in maintaining documentation such as Records of Processing.
• Ensure that all data protection agreements are prepared, negotiated and executed in consultation with the business unit client and other subject matter experts, and in accordance with approved policies and playbooks
• Support business and legal colleagues taking a privacy-by-design approach to ensure privacy compliance for all data driven products
• Provide superior customer service according to the GBSC standards in terms of quality, response time, resolution time and adhering to Service Level Objectives
All About You
• Must be a minimum LLB graduate; CIPP/E or any IAPP certification will be an added advantage;
• Strong privacy and data protection interest required, willingness to invest into getting up to speed with privacy and data protection laws globally quickly
• Legal experience in privacy and data protection a plus, interactive technology, working experience on privacy compliance activities such as Records of Processing and/or data driven products preferred
• Knowledge of US, European, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, or other non-Indian legal systems a plus
• Familiarity with the financial services industry and payment processing industry, a plus.
• Advanced negotiation skills, experience in contract negotiation, preparing & maintaining accuracy with respect to Records of Processing activities and project management a plus
• Ability to recognize when to escalate and when to exercise independent judgement and discretion in reviewing/ negotiating contracts
• Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity
• Excellent legal and business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with various types of stakeholders (business, lawyers, third parties such as vendors)
• Positive and energetic leadership skills with focus on efficiency and team building skills
• Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on collaborating with key legal and business stakeholders to negotiate and confirm legal contract terms
• Demonstrated strength in customer focused service orientation
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142131