MasterCard Lead Technical Program Manager in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technical Program Manager
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Payment Networks team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Act as Lead Technical Program Manager for managing new product development
• Act as Scrum Master / SAFe Agilist / Release Train Engineer and drive all ceremonies
• Implement Scaled Agile Framework and / or other Agile methodologies
• Act as Scrum of Scrum master with breadth of functional, technical knowledge as well as Production related change and run process knowledge depth
• Drive Continuous Improvement via Metrics across the Program
• Lead other SMs. Guide, mentor & coach the team(s) on Agile Scrum, SaFe and XP principles
• Exhibit practical knowledge on Budgeting in Agile saFe environment and set up of Value Streams
• Build a trusting and safe environment for the team where problems are discussed without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
• Coordinate with various groups in MasterCard across locations to ensure success of the projects
• Be keenly aware of what is being delivered by the team and why, and the big program picture
• Maintain, Radiate and Present project related information, & metrics for leadership review
• Drive initiatives for automation, defect metrics and overall quality initiatives
• Recommend strategic direction, continuous improvements, and policy changes.
• Advance operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements that may affect consistent delivery of quality services.
• Lead Project/Program management activities around cost, schedule, quality etc.
All About You:
• A very strong understanding and experience on SaFe Agile with certifications
• Experience playing the Agile Scrum Master role for at least 5 years for new project software development teams formally and visibly applying Scrum principles and practices
• Experience in playing the Scrum of Scrum Master role – i.e. across work streams
• Good skills around Servant Leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvements, empowerment, and transparency
• Knowledge and practice of numerous patterns and techniques e.g. Burndown techniques, retrospective formats, defect handling etc..
• Result Oriented Professional
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills involving Business Owners, Development Teams etc. Ability to guide teams.
• Coordination and organization skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and vendors across locations to ensure success of the project.
• Strong understanding, inclination and experience towards Lean methodology in general
• Strong understanding of project/program management techniques around cost, schedule, quality etc
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices.
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-165059