MasterCard Lead Systems Platform Engineer - AWS in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Systems Platform Engineer - AWS
Brighterion, a Mastercard company, was founded in 2000 and acquired by Mastercard in 2017.We deliver a leading artificial intelligence and machine learning platform that provides real-time mission critical intelligence from any data source, regardless of type, complexity or volume. Our AI solution secures billions of transactions monthly and is used and trusted by many of the world’s leading organizations and governments in payments, compliance, financial markets, security and defense, healthcare, Internet of Things, marketing and more. Currently we serve 74/100 of the largest U.S. banks and more than 2,000 customers worldwide, processing more than 100+ billion transactions annually.
• Ensure availability of all technical operating resources according to SLO and SLA expectations by designing for redundancy of infrastructure and proper use
• Identify and implement the most effective perimeter security models for customer integration and segregated access of platform services
• Perform lifecycle management for supported hardware platforms, including technical refresh planning and capacity upgrades and participate in the planning and implementation of software product updates
• Evaluate and implement use of public cloud services for the management of infrastructure resources, availability and performance of services, systems health monitoring and auditing
• Provide technical leadership and direction to other analysts and engineers on the team for effective coordination of system-wide changes, dependency management, and effective service management
All About You
• Expertise in designing and implementing dashboards and alerts using Cloudwatch, Dynatrace, Splunk
• Previous implementations of AWS involving EC2, S3, RDS, Redis, Lambda, EKS, ECS, Kafka, IAM and API Gateway, or use of similar technologies on Azure or GCP
• Direct experience with implementing and maintaining multiple technologies required for operation of multi-tier, distributed software such as APIs, data persistence, user interface, reporting, and back office integrations
• Design of systems requiring high availability, failover, and synchronization of data across multiple environments or data centers
• Creation and management of security infrastructure in multi-tenant, software-as-a-service offerings with focus on key management services, certificate management, and identity access management
• Use of messages, notifications, publish/subscribe, queues and other asynchronous integration patterns for decoupled middleware components and scaling of services
• Broad knowledge of many of the following: networking, serverless architecture, virtualization, encryption, access controls, alerting, and monitoring
• Strong problem-solving and communication skills, and independent drive to create written documentation, requirements, and technical diagrams
• A bachelor's level degree or higher depending on previous work experience
Mastercard is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Applicants will be considered and treated without regard to gender, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182366