MasterCard Lead Systems Platform Architect in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Systems Platform Architect
Lead Systems Platform Architect
Platform Architecture & Infrastructure Design are responsible for bringing together emerging product and application requirements with Mastercard's core networking and security principles along with enterprise architecture's long term roadmap strategies to drive secure, reliable and standards compliant implementations to service our global customer base.
In this role with Mastercard you will analyse product requirements in order to determine either best fit from existing standards or research and advise on new or emerging standards in collaboration with our core architecture and security teams to drive quality solutions for customer payments, major merchant integrations and major processors.
• Design, build, support, troubleshoot & develop technical infrastructure solutions and designs to meet application business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes, and best practices and with a high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality, and faster time to market
• Generating requirements, together with other architects, engineers, application team(s) and user(s), to determine that all the high level requirements have been met.
• Generating products such as Technical Architecture Designs (TADs), logical flows, and models to keep the user(s), architects, and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the application, system, or platform to be provided as it is evolving.
• Leads complex initiatives and projects and have accountability for ongoing projects as assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
• Support collection and reporting of project and internet metrics.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs and JSON/YAML data structures is highly valued for this position in order to contribute to “Infrastructure as Code” & “Configuration As Code” practices in the automated delivery process.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• 5 to 10 years of experience in a technical role designing and supporting mission critical infrastructure and/or application software.
• Advanced knowledge of internet “middleware” architecture and demonstrable project delivery skills for enterprise scale deployments.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of implementation of Transport Layer Security
• Basic understanding of HTTP and RESTful Application Programming Interfaces.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Must possess high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities with the ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools.
• Strong relationship, collaborative skills, and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Familiarity with application containerization or cloud deployment strategies a plus
• Intermediate knowledge of LAN/WAN switching, routing and firewalling principles a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124368