MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Job Description Summary
• Partner with Business Owners, External Clients and Technical staff to implement Federated SSO integrations,
• Implementation of RSA SecurID Authentication Manager per business requirement
• Provide Migration and Upgrade Support for RSA SecurID Authentication Manager components.
• Plan, design and document technical authentication solutions to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Elaborate and define requirements for maintainable and secure authentication solutions (SAML, SCIM, etc.) that meet business requirements, and comply with information security policies.
• Work with SME’s for day-to-day elaboration, development, and maintenance activities of the team.
• Ensure adequate System Testing/Integration Testing.
• Ensure compliance to defined security standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department.
• Documentation the details of the solutions implemented during the lifecycle of each effort and onboarding.
• Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC. Represent team during Compliance Audits.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Expert Knowledge of Multi Factor Authentication.
• Experience with setting up Federated SSO integrations with external parties
• Expert knowledge of SAML 2.0 Federation protocol
• Expert knowledge of Identity Access Management concepts/ Authentication and Authorization
• Java experience preferred
• Knowledge of Oauth, OpenID beneficial
• Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Product suite preferred, specifically with - TDS/TAM/TFIM/ISAM
• Knowledge with UNIX operating systems required
• Knowledge of XML, HTTP, SOAP, JSP
• Knowledge of Information Security standards and principals preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure AD SSO
• Knowledge of SOAP and REST web service
• Knowledge of Web Application Servers (IBM WebSphere and RedHat JBOSS)
• Knowledge of virtualized environments
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required
• Experience with Application Support Management.
• Load Balancers, Active Directory Domains, Networking, Firewalls, PKI.
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive
• Must have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiar with Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and scrum ceremonies.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-162572