MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
• Providing Innovative, Secure, and Reliable Solutions is the essence of Mastercard, we are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced software professional to join the Cyber and Intelligence Team.
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product roadmap items into customer appealing products/services/solutions.
• Coordinate and work with interfacing applications and MasterCard vendors to ensure success of the project.
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development, and delivery of software solutions
• Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• Work in a full lifecycle development project and used various development methodologies including Agile.
• Work with business/product owners to architect and deliver on new services to introduce new products and bundles
• Work on complex enterprise-wide initiatives spanning multiple services/programs and drives resolution
• Drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions, and policies
• Take ownership to improve the customer experience of an entire set of services/applications sold as products or bundled services
• Simplify and improve the cost/benefit of a function/service/architecture strategy
• Apply judgment and experience to balance trade-offs between competing interests
• Venture beyond comfort zone to take on assignments across different areas of Software Engineering
• Consult across teams and across organization lines to identify synergies and reuse opportunities
• Participate and contribute to Principal review architecture meetings and drive resolutions to enterprise-wide challenges and regulatory needs
• Conduct technical interviews for hiring engineering staff and raising the performance bar
• Experience in Java/J2EE technologies with Spring boot and Spring batch framework, REST APIs, JSON, Messaging.
• Oracle, NoSQL/SQL data bases.
• Front end technologies CSS, HTML, AngularJS or similar framework, Web & Application Server
• Has skills to develop and evangelize on reference architecture and run principles to help teams adopt Engineering Principles.
• Understands use cases for advanced design patterns (e.g., service-to-worker, MVC, API gateway, intercepting filter, dependency injection, lazy loading, all from gang of four) to implement efficient code.
• Understands and implements Application Programming Interface (API) standards
• Has skills to promote and coach teams on take on full stack development and facilitate end-to-end service ownership
• Has skills to engage engineers across Technology organization to promote standard software patterns and reuse of common libraries and services
• Has experience in leading and coaching teams to perform software planning and estimation for large scale complex programs.
• Has experience in design and execution of automation across multiple business areas and provides guidance on best methods and tools.
• Has an expert understanding of DevOps best practices
• Performance engineering experience to ensure applications are built to scale, run, and perform for varying demands.
• Has skills to succinctly articulate architecture patterns of complex systems, with business and technical implications, to executive and customer stakeholders.
• Has skills to perform architecture and cost analysis for internal, hybrid, and public cloud environments.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-171822