MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the New Product Engineering team at Mastercard,
You will lead the development of new, early-stage products in collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure solutions drive customer value, and scale to meet customer demand. You will lead the technical design from the outset and create high-performance analytic applications based on data sets measured in the billions of transactions and front-end visualizations to unleash the value of big data. The reward is well worth the effort as an elegant solution can create millions of dollars of profit in a single run.
You will lead the end-to-end development of applications that sit atop vast datasets, including Mastercard transactions, and those gathered by retail stores, restaurants, banks, and other consumer-focused companies. The challenge is to create high-performance algorithms, cutting-edge analytical techniques, compelling visualizations, and intuitive workflows that allow our users to derive insights from big data that in turn drive their businesses.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to feature design, building, and testing. The range of work you encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server-side calculation code to database work. There are no rigid organizational structures at Mastercard; each team uses processes that work the best for that team's members and projects.
This position is based out of our new Pune, India office, but will be working closely with our US teams based in Arlington, VA and New York City, NY.
• Lead state of the art design and development of new, complex technical products from inception to release with high quality
• Continuously experiment, innovate, and identify technologies and approaches to deal with larger and larger data sets faster and faster
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to design scalable solutions which drive customer value
• Lead with an agile mindset and pivot fast and often as new information surfaces
• Keep senior stakeholders informed of progress and incorporate input into technical decisions
• Build and lead high-performing development teams and mentor junior teammates
• Play a leading role in shaping office culture and growing the New Product Engineering team in Pune
• Play a key role in shaping the direction of engineering processes through working on a small team empowered to organize and run the team as they see fit
• Drive technical direction of product roadmap
• Develop features and new platform solutions that are well designed and maintainable.
• Identify engineering needs to scale platform solutions to meet customer demand
All about you/Ideal candidate for qualification
• Experience scoping, designing, building, deploying, and releasing new B2B products and platforms
• Solid technical foundation in full stack development, including
• Full stack solution architecture
• Web technologies and server-side technologies
• C# and object-oriented technologies
• Modular design using and creating single-responsibility services and API
• PCF application development
• Preferred - Data engineering using Impala, Hive, HDFS and other big data technologies
• Experience using R
• Proven track record of quickly learning and successfully using new technologies and development approaches
• Experience solving and implementing scalable solutions to solve complex problems
• Strong focus on architecting solutions to drive customer value
• Ability to proactively identify and mitigate technical and operational risks
• Experience in working in agile methodologies and environment
• Full stack engineering experience using a variety of technical stacks in production environments
• Passion for analytical / quantitative problem solving
• Experience in CI/CD and strong focus on the engineering methodology
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and ability to lead small, high-performing product teams
• Ability to provide technical mentorship to the team with a focus on improving technical and code quality and skills
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Prior experience leading a team or mentoring other engineers, both technically and professionally
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Mastercard is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Applicants will be considered and treated without regard to gender, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-165288