MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
"Who is Mastercard? Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cyber & Intelligence Solutions team is responsible for MasterCard’s safety and security related product development efforts to protect the integrity of the electronic payment system as well as ensure payments are convenient yet secure. The products are primarily focused on Cyber Security, authentication, fraud prevention, risk mitigation and dispute resolution across all payment channels as well as all stakeholders - issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors, and consumers. The key objectives of the solutions are to prove identity, reduce abandonments, reduce fraud, increase approval rates, and secure the payments ecosystem.
Mastercard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented lead software development engineer to join us as we develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
• Are you passionate about software engineering of cloud-native, real-time, high performant, distributed and vastly scalable applications?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers globally?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops, and retains the most talented employees around the world?
• Hands-on developer who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional, and testable.
• Design and build technical roadmaps and guide the development staff on adoption.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality, and faster time to market.
• Create or introduce, test, and deploy new technology to optimize the service. Provide technical leadership and oversight.
• Have strong ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
• Investigate and troubleshoot customer reported issues and propose solutions which meet customer requirements along with architectural and business requirements.
• Conduct technical interviews for hiring engineering staff and raising the performance bar. Coach other technical resources.
• Communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a global environment.
• Advanced technical skills and experience of Java/JEE with Spring Framework (including Spring Boot), with successfully track record of designing, building, and supporting complex, large scale, and business critical software applications.
• Solid foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures
• Experience with the strangulation pattern and anti-corruption layers to migrate monolithic systems into independent services
• Experience with TDD and BDD in the software development processes
• Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, DevOps
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task with minimal direction.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work with geographically distributed teams
• Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
• Experience of team’s technical lead a plus
• Infrastructure and operations experience a plus
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-180270