MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing payment solutions, this position will Lead software engineering to develop software, deliver and support enhanced software solutions. The candidate will research alternative technical solutions for changing business needs and be responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the required service levels.
• Successfully lead multiple initiatives and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Develop innovative solutions that meet specific business needs.
• Partner with TPMs, PMTs, and lead SDE across the initiatives to lead SDLC efforts.
• Assist and collaborate with solution architects and cross functional teams across the different regions.
• Create proof of concept applications
• Collaborate with business and technical partners
• Assist in the evaluation of 3rd parties and 3rd party products.
• Ensure adherence to established quality control practices.
• Create and maintain technology roadmaps.
• Ensure adherence to established software development process.
• Effectively communicate to management, business owners, and other stake holders.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Seasoned tech lead having experienced technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
• An architect who loves to solve complex problems and passionate about designs, quality of deliverables, and collaborating with high performing teammates towards product delivery and support
• Contribute to the delivery of decoupling the existing platforms into smaller reusable services by maintain a technology roadmaps
• Hands on experience in Java/J2EE technologies with, REST APIs, JSON, Postgres, microservices architecture, Spring boot and web app design framework working experience
• Brings in cloud based architect experience and integrating vendor and open source products into an overall systems
• Experience on integration using external third party libraries and APIs, payment gateways, CI understanding
• Expertise and advanced skills in designing, analyzing, troubleshooting, implementing large-scale, robust solutions systems that perform faultlessly at scale, with high availability resilience
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support & manage multiple concurrent initiative/projects under Strategic Growth and working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies are required.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Experience architecture, design patterns and responsible for designing, developing and running micro services.
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems and experience leading design efforts and providing technical leadership to developers
• Expert in full stack Java development, design patterns, unit testing, debugging and POCs.
• Ability to work with PMT, TPM, PO & software engineering team to translate requirements to design, implementation of quality deliverables.
• Supervise & review design & implementation to comply with industry standard practices and quality attributes.
• Generate and manage reference architecture to preserve & reuse the knowledge, reproduce artifacts to leverage for architecture & design description.
Key Technology Areas:
• Object-oriented design and programming
• Java, J2EE, Java Messaging Service, Micro Services,
• Open source frameworks such as Spring, Springboot, Spring batch and Hibernate
• Oracle, PL/SQL, JDBC, redis
• Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML, XSL)
• Object-oriented design and programming Preferred Knowledge
• Mobile technologies and Secure Element knowledge
• Digital/e-commerce applications
• Agile development methodology
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-188761