MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Mastercard is a technology company in the Global Payments Industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, travelling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
MasterCard is seeking talented individuals to join our Digital team in Pune, India. MasterCard is researching and developing the next generation of products and services to enable consumers to securely, efficiently, and intelligently conduct transactions regardless of channel.
Whether through traditional retail, mobile, or e-commerce, MasterCard innovation is leading the digital convergence of traditional and emerging payments technologies across a wide variety of new devices and services.
Join our team and help shape the future of connected commerce!
Mastercard is building a platform based on the EMV® Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) specifications which enable a common consumer e-checkout that promotes simplicity, familiarity, interoperability convenience and trust.
The Lead Software Development Engineer is a hands-on developer specializing in Java development with a particular focus producing API services to support Secure Remote Commerce platform.
What you will do:
• Given a fuzzy product requirement, work with other stakeholders, product to understand & refine the requirements and change them to tech requirements
• Prepare high-level designs under the guidance and document them
• Low-level design and code independently in multiple tech components related to functional area
• Choose the right tech stack for a given situation under guidance from senior team members
• Optimize any existing microservices
• Take non-functional requirement (Reliability & Availability, Scale, horizontal scalability) into considerations while taking any decision
• Build, develop, mentor and coach junior team members
• Owning the quality of code, UT coverage, documentation etc
• Collaborate with teams by contributing to the shared vision and working closely with cross-functional stakeholders
• Research new frameworks and technologies, assist with prototyping and proof-of-concepts, participate in code reviews
• You will be responsible for the API’s you (and or your team) build and will support them till the time they are live in production
All About You:
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to build rapport and relationships
• Problem solver and solution-seeking approach
• Knowledgeable – possessing the technical knowledge, market knowledge, and other specialized knowledge of the team’s problem domain
• Hands on experience in designing complex, highly scalable and performing microservices in a distributed environment using the Java tech stack (Spring, Spring Boot, RESTful web services)
• Solid understanding and experience integrating web services
• Exposure to building cloud ready applications (microservices)
• Exposure to Test Driven Development
• Exposure to Continuous Delivery and Integration
• Having a record of successful delivery of software applications/designs as an individual
• Team player
• Agile Scrum experience
• Computing degree
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-159464