MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Digital Network Services team is involved in developing cutting-edge solutions to deliver the Next Generation of Core Payment Products for Mastercard. These cutting-edge solutions are built on the Digital Network Architecture, Cloud Native principles and in a Scaled Agile Framework.
• Work as a Service Architect to deliver end-to-end product development for Switching Solutions
• Full Stack Development using Microservices, Messaging/Event Driven Frameworks, CICD on a Cloud Native environment (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
• Ensure benchmarks are met on quality, performance, info security and other NFRs
• Guide and mentor teams effectively as per needs. Train developers on the technologies needed.
• Communicate effectively and coordinate with various global groups in MasterCard to ensure success of the projects, including Business Owners, Product Owners, Enterprise Architecture teams, Other product teams etc.
• Lead various initiatives for improving automation, defect metrics and overall quality. Conduct various Proofs-of-concept as per technological and business needs
• Take responsibility for deciding the relevant tools, technologies and patterns that need to be implemented for the service
All About You:
• A strong hands-on technologist with very strong Object-Oriented Design and clean programming skills using the Java language and the SOLID design principles aimed at creating re-usable, scalable components
• Passionate about emerging technologies and trends, especially Event Driven Architecture and modern caching/persistence mechanisms
• Strong experience in Product Development using Digital Native Architecture, Spring Boot framework and Cloud technology (preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry) in an Agile ( SAFe) Development Environment
• Ability to analyze, conceptualize and create cutting edge technical solutions based on the business needs
• Extensive experience in the development of online, real time application features
• Result Oriented Professional
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills involving Business Owners, Architecture teams, Development/Test teams, Vendors etc. Ability to guide teams on technology.
• Coordination and organization skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and vendors across locations to ensure success of the project.
• Strong understanding, inclination and experience of working in an Agile (SaFe) environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-109615