MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion or all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
If you’re tired of the status quo and want to join a team that is bringing innovative solutions to the challenge of Corporate Social Responsibility and Cause Marketing, keep reading because we would love to meet you. Do you enjoy writing code that has a global impact? Want to work on products your friends and family would be proud to use? We have a position open in the MasterCard Strategic Growth program. Mastercard is enabling an ecosystem of participants to extend their reach through our Donation Platform that drives more giving for social benefit… doing well by doing good!
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive –with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Own complex problems having dependency across services and facilitate cross-functional team interactions to drive resolution
• Define, design, and develop procedures and software solutions at a service level to meet the business requirements/enhancements
• Ensure high performance applications which are secure and scalable
• Automate and simplify all aspects of software delivery and development by actively evangelizing the need to automate and simplify where needed
• Drive blameless postmortems culture to identify root causes of incidents and implement learnings
• Introduce new technologies and architecture by following enterprise guidelines
• Provide development and architecture guidance to team members
All About You
• You must be a passionate engineer with leanings towards open-source technologies and demonstrable full stack strengths in Java technologies.
• Be able to develop moderately complex to complex server side and client side application code and unit test in the Java, Spring Boot, RESTful, Typescript (Angular, React Native, Vue, Svelte)
• Develop and integrate web service using SOAP, REST
• Responsible for leading design & development of micro services built using Springboot on Cloud.
• Experience in developing applications on any public cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). Exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry is advantage.
• Familiar with testing frameworks (Ex. JUnit, Jest, Jasmine)
• Test runner framework (Ex. Karma)
• Document application components for support and training materials for MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
Other skills and qualities
• Must be high energy, detail oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust
• Enthusiastic, ambitious and confident
• Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
• Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150599