MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Customer Data Management is a team of high performing, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create enterprise capabilities for Customer Data. Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs).
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps. As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions.
• Develop large-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative, or may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work
• Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• Mentoring, coaching and extending technical guidance to one or more scrum teams
• Contribute to advanced code development, code reviews and day-to-day support duties
• Department-wide public speaking and other communications conveying application level directions
• Support in Innovation, automation and expansion of existing services and new technical feature definition
All About You
• Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership and functional influence and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record of enabling business through these technical decisions
• Considered a thought leader and expert in Software Engineering as with experience in related engineering disciplines
• Proven ability to design / architect highly scalable applications/platforms
• Prior experience with Cloud Native Architecture and development of services on cloud platform such as PCF
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Experience in Java/J2EE technologies with Spring boot framework, REST APIs, JSON, MongoDb or other NoSQL databases, Hibernate, Kafka Messaging, front end technologies (CSS, HTML, AngularJS or similar framework), Web & Application Server
• Hands on experience of writing JUnit test cases.
• Working experience in Micro services architecture is added advantage
• Working experience with AngularJS 6.0 or later. Exposure to Jasmine, Karma is added advantage
• Application Security including information security principles and realization, web app security and PCI DSS Compliance
• Experience in implementing CI/CD build pipelines with tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory
• Experience with software development frameworks such as Scrum, SAFe Agile
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and business
• Excellent communication / presentation skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-112493