MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer ( Java Full Stack ) in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer ( Java Full Stack )
Are you a Technical architect/lead who want to shape the mobile platform for Mastercard’s Strategic Growth initiatives? Are you a professional one needs to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the development & positive influence to development and design decisions to build consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software development and engineering excellence practices to delivery very high quality code.
Senior Professional at MSG, Mastercard is a technology app senior development engineer within the organization and spearheads application development. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Development and Code review etc. He or she may also be required to administer training throughout various phases of the development cycle. Additionally, He or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
How to know you should apply?
• Have you ever led product or project of enterprise grade application solution in an architect’s role?
• Are you excited about mobile technologies used for smarter life and ready to be part of that drive?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you have expertise in mobile application development with android frameworks?
• Can you technical mentor newer and junior team members?
• Are you technology agnostics and can you adapt new technology and tools?
• Do you have consistent improved performance every year throughout your career?
• Drive and own the architecture & design process, taking decisions on technology & architecture for software application & solutions
• Generate, own & manage Mobile reference architecture
• Participate in presales phases including RFI, RFP, other customer interactions for technical solutions & assessment
• Participate in software engineering activities to:
o Assess the requirements from technical feasibility perspective
o Influence the product owner to balance the business and technical priorities
o Work with product management & software engineering team to translate requirements to architecture, design & implementations.
o Supervise & review design & implementation to comply with industry standard practices and quality attributes.
• Generate and manage reference architecture to preserve & reuse the knowledge, reproduce artifacts to leverage for architecture & design description.
• Actively engage in knowledge sharing with team, talking on technology topics, writing blogs & articles, guide teams on standards, tools and technologies
• Participate and contribute in talent acquisition & recruitment, collaborate to outline hiring strategy, generate job descriptions, interview candidates
[Skills, Experiences & Preferences]
Experience in Java/J2EE technologies with, REST APIs, JSON, Postgres, Cloud, microservices architecture and Spring boot framework working experience is must
Good Knowledge of architecture, design patterns and responsible for designing, developing and running micro services.
Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems and experience leading design efforts and providing technical leadership to developers
Expert in full stack Java development, design patterns, unit testing, debugging and POCs.
• 10+ years of Software Development and Architect experience in Enterprise grade [mobility] solutions / applications
• B.E. / B.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or IT required & Masters degree in related discipline preferred
• Expert at designing distributed systems that composes of technologies like
o Enterprise grade solutions leveraging Java, Java EE
o Mobile devices leveraging Android, iOS, Windows
o Detailed experience at designing enterprise grade distributed and reactive systems that involve
- Good understanding of Software Architecture and Design Principles, Patterns, Methodology, Domain Concepts (Architecture and Design Skills)
Design Principles including SOLID, YAGNI, DRY and others.
Design patterns MVC, MVP, MVVM
Security Code Patterns and Practices
Experience with Kotlin and other advance versions.
- Technology platform including
Mobile platforms – Android, Mobile App Frameworks (Mobile App Design & Technology Skills)
- Application Security including Information security principles & realization, Mobile app security, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance (Security Design & Technology Skills)
o Experience in application security design including compliance with standards like OWASP / PCI DSS / EMV, Open authentication & authorization frameworks, Web and Mobile security, Cryptography, Security patterns, Web services security etc.
• Experience designing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers
• Deep understanding & experience with software development processes such as Agile, Extreme Programming, Lean processes, etc.
• Experience working with multiple global customers
• Experience with mobile application development, and internet-related cloud technology development. Deep understanding of, a practical experience with, one of Android or iOS, device frameworks, device development is desirable.
• Experience in security audits, application penetrating testing & troubleshooting, performance/load/stress testing & troubleshooting is strongly desirable.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and select third parties
• A deep understanding of architecture and design patterns at various levels.
• Solid experience of working in project teams
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Maturity to understand large systems and recommend upcoming technologies to solve complex business problems
• Enjoy challenging and thought provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress (motivated enough to self-learn)
• Ability to pick up new technology independently
• Be able to work under pressure and multi-task while remaining professional and courteous
• Open to frequent travels.
• Exceptional ability to analyze problems and to propose innovative but workable solutions
• Team player
• Open minded, flexible, and willing to listen for other people’s opinions.
• Excellent verbal and written skills ARE A MUST
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122695