MasterCard Lead, Software Development Engineer - Java Architect in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead, Software Development Engineer - Java Architect
The Mastercard Digital Network Services team is involved in developing cutting-edge solutions to deliver the Next Generation of Core Payment Products for Mastercard. These cutting-edge solutions are built on the Digital Network Architecture, Cloud Native principles and in a Scaled Agile Framework.
• Work as a Service Architect to deliver end-to-end product development for Switching Solutions
• Full Stack Development using Microservices, Messaging/Event Driven Frameworks, CICD on a Cloud Native environment (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
• Ensure benchmarks are met on quality, performance, info security and other NFRs
• Guide and mentor teams effectively as per needs. Train developers on the technologies needed.
• Communicate effectively and coordinate with various global groups in MasterCard to ensure success of the projects, including Business Owners, Product Owners, Enterprise Architecture teams, Other product teams etc.
• Lead various initiatives for improving automation, defect metrics and overall quality. Conduct various Proofs-of-concept as per technological and business needs
• Take responsibility for deciding the relevant tools, technologies and patterns that need to be implemented for the service
All About You:
• A strong hands-on technologist with very strong Object-Oriented Design and clean programming skills using the Java language and the SOLID design principles aimed at creating re-usable, scalable components
• Passionate about emerging technologies and trends, especially Event Driven Architecture and modern caching/persistence mechanisms
• Strong experience in Product Development using Digital Native Architecture, Spring Boot framework and Cloud technology (preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry) in an Agile ( SAFe) Development Environment
• Ability to analyze, conceptualize and create cutting edge technical solutions based on the business needs
• Extensive experience in the development of online, real time application features
• Result Oriented Professional
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills involving Business Owners, Architecture teams, Development/Test teams, Vendors etc. Ability to guide teams on technology.
• Coordination and organization skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and vendors across locations to ensure success of the project.
• Strong understanding, inclination and experience of working in an Agile (SaFe) environment
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179265