MasterCard Lead Product Manager- Technical in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager- Technical
Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) – Lead Product Manager-Technical
About Mastercard & Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES):
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our team’s mission is to make payments easy, fast and as secure as possible. That’s why we’ve developed technology that enables mobile payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay, etc.) and secure, tokenized remote commerce payments. We call the set of services delivering this "MDES”. We’ve experienced incredible success and growth, with 10s of billions of transactions being processed each year, however now we are focusing on ensuring the success continues as we scale MDES even further.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager-Technical who will act as the liaison between development, product and commercially facing teams for the delivery of new features and enhancements to the MDES platform.
• Responsible for developing inspiring platform/product visions through elaboration of features and stories, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Ensures business requirements are accurately captured through collaboration with service owners, regional leads and Mastercard clients.
• Obsess about delivering the best end-to-end customer experience
• Identifies gaps and charters new platform capabilities as required
• Makes use of research, user studies, metrics, and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product
• Compares features for competitive review to inform prioritization within a platform product release
• Identifies innovations or performs test and learn experiments to create features that add more business and customer value for a platform product
• Participates with the business in customer research to inform platform product feature needs
• Contributes near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap
• Makes trade-off decisions on platform product features
• Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Exhibits expertise within platform feature area and coordinates with interdependent teams
• Digests business customer requirements (user stories, use cases) and platform requirements for a platform feature set
• Determines release goals for the platform and prioritizes assigned features according to business and platform value, adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Continuously monitors feature development at the feature level
• Reviews product demo with the development team against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Prepares launches and monitors platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Stays aligned with GTM plans for the feature set
• Identifies issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and communicates to leadership
• Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature
• Works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
• Develops and implements new metrics into measurement techniques; works with development teams to develop reports to monitor them
• Independently identifies and researches anomalous performance; escalates findings to senior management
• Coordinates internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
• Owns and manages product documentation; enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
• Establishes a network within the organization; begins to build internal and external networks
• Leverages data analysis skills to research difficult or ambiguous problems, leading cross-disciplinary teams where necessary and communicating recommendations to senior leadership
All About You:
• Must be analytical, problem solver with high-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to function in an independent environment
• Has a proven track record of delivering successful software applications
• Understands the technologies supporting the platform/product and is able to hold your own in debates with other PM-Ts, TPMs, SDEs, and PMs
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient at grooming user stories, setting entrance/exit criteria and prioritizing product backlog with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing teams while commanding the respect of the individuals on the team
• Be able to read code (Java, C++, etc), comfortable with SQL, collaborate with designers & architects, rapidly learn new technologies, and choose the right technologies and solutions
• Experiences with Payments industry, Cloud, Big Data, Data Science/Analytics, Microservices are a big plus
• BE/MS in Computer Science or alike
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169194