MasterCard Lead Product Manager- Technical in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager- Technical
Are you a Product Manager with strong technical skills or a current or former software engineer or software architect who wants to do much more? You can, as Product Manager – Technical at Mastercard. You get to shape the future of Mastercard’s products.
At Mastercard, we build technologies that connect individuals, businesses, and organizations everywhere around the world every day to the things that matter the most, creating greater opportunities for all. We also ensure that every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and has the opportunity to improve lives for everyone. Mastercard ranks among the world’s most admired companies, the world’s most ethical companies, the world’s most innovative companies, America’s best employers for diversity, HRC’s Best Places to Work, OUTstanding Leading LGBT+ & Ally Executives, Top Companies for Women.
As Product Manager - Technical within Customer Interoperability group, you will lead delivering our application responsible for the single source of truth for Mastercard products. You will be responsible for fleshing out business concepts providing clarity of thought, decomposing requirements into user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and accepting work from the scrum teams. You are a key in what will ultimately be built. You will have a long-term perspective, understand business needs, and be the domain expert. In doing so, you will integrate the right technology solutions to build a performant, scalable, sustainable platform.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Obsess about delivering the best end-to-end customer experience
• Own the problem space and do what it takes to design and deliver the complete product
• Collaborate with peers to deliver consistent technology and experiences across our portfolio
• Demonstrate sound technical and business judgment
• Be able to read code (Java, C++, etc), collaborate with designers & architects, rapidly learn new technologies, and choose the right technologies and solutions
• Debate the merits of options with engineers, architects, designers, and business teams to drive the right trade-offs
• Dive deep into the intricacies of the customers’ context, the technical code or architecture, and the operational characteristics of the product
• Communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Ensure features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams
• Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing teams while commanding the respect of the individuals on the team
• Product development or engineering experience
• Depth of experience with Cloud, Big Data, Data Science/Analytics, Microservices is a plus
• BS/MS/MBA in related discipline
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150471