MasterCard Java Technical Manager in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Java Technical Manager
Manager, Software Engineering
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a payment service provider. We offer merchants around the world an Omni-channel payment gateway with integrated services (e.g. fraud risk management, alternative payment methods, currency conversion) while reducing their exposure to pain (chargebacks, PCI-DSS compliance etc).
The chosen candidate for this position will be a strong Development lead of the software engineering team that develop and deliver of MPGS software solutions.
A successful candidate should be able to answer all the following questions:
• Are you a leader, influencer and innovator?
• Do you want to be part of an agile software development, collaborative environment?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you love to solve problems and find creative solutions?
1) Design, Code, document, test components / subsystems to a world class standard
2) Build self and team into Functional SMEs on the Gateway Platform (Target)
3) Must be solutions oriented – ultimately find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirement on time.
4) Assist defining processes and choice of development tools to be used across the group
5) Ensure code is easily maintainable and tracked in version control system
6) Ensure SAFe process adherence and alignment to Mastercard Enterprise processes and tools
7) Provide task estimates, level of complexity assessment
8) Provide input to scheduling of projects
9) Ensure tasks get executed on time and to required standards
10) Collaborate with Operations to ensure successful production deployment of software.
11) Act as mentor and coach to guide less experienced team members.
Work collaboratively in a global team, with operations to ensure successful production deployment of software
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with managing a development team in a multi-team, global environment
• Have strong communication and collaboration skills, required to interact with global teams and businesses
• Experience with applying Agile, ideally Scrum or SAFe, in a product development environment where high levels of performance, reliability and security are essential
• Experience in building software in an automated CI environment
• Experience in test automation (desirable)
• Knowledge of security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS (desirable).
• Desire to continuously improve the craft of software development while adhering to best practices and standards.
• Strong domain experience in Acquiring should be a plus.
• Good understanding of Risks/Issues/Assumptions/Dependencies.
• Strong in People Management and Risk Management.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-78795