MasterCard Java Micro services Architecture in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Java Micro services Architecture
• Architecture team is one of the key technology leadership team in MasterCard with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade mobile architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions & building consensus around it.
• The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
• Technical architect is a key member of Architecture team spearheading the architectural & technical decisions for software applications & solutions.
• Technical architect participates in most of the software engineering lifecycle for coaching & direction, supervision & review and hence influences the practices to comply it with industry standards.
How to know you should apply?
• Have you ever led product or project of enterprise grade application solution in an architect’s role?
• Are you excited about mobile technologies used for smarter life and ready to be part of that drive?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Drive and own the architecture & design process, taking decisions on technology & architecture for software application & solutions
• Generate, own & manage Mobile reference architecture
• Participate in presales phases including RFI, RFP, other customer interactions for technical solutions & assessment
• Participate in software engineering activities to:
o Assess the requirements from technical feasibility perspective
o Influence the product owner to balance the business and technical priorities
o Work with product management & software engineering team to translate requirements to architecture, design & implementations.
o Supervise & review design & implementation to comply with industry standard practices and quality attributes.
• Generate and manage reference architecture to preserve & reuse the knowledge, reproduce artifacts to leverage for architecture & design description.
• Actively engage in knowledge sharing with team, talking on technology topics, writing blogs & articles, guide teams on standards, tools and technologies
• Participate and contribute in talent acquisition & recruitment, collaborate to outline hiring strategy, generate job descriptions, interview candidates
All About You:
• Experience of Software Development and Architect experience in Enterprise grade [mobility] solutions / applications
• B.E. / B.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or IT required & Masters degree in related discipline preferred
• Expert at designing distributed systems that composes of technologies like
o Enterprise grade solutions leveraging Java, Java EE
o Mobile devices leveraging Android, iOS, Windows
o Experience in application security design including compliance with standards like OWASP / PCI DSS / EMV, Open authentication & authorization frameworks, Web and Mobile security, Cryptography, Security patterns, Web services security etc.
• Experience designing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers
• Deep understanding & experience with software development processes such as Agile, Extreme Programming, Lean processes, etc.
• Experience working with multiple global customers
• Experience with mobile application development, and internet-related cloud technology development. Deep understanding of, a practical experience with, one of Android or iOS, device frameworks, device development is desirable.
• Experience in security audits, application penetrating testing & troubleshooting, performance/load/stress testing & troubleshooting is strongly desirable.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and select third parties
• A deep understanding of architecture and design patterns at various levels.
• Solid experience of working in project teams
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Maturity to understand large systems and recommend upcoming technologies to solve complex business problems
• Enjoy challenging and thought provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress (motivated enough to self-learn)
• Ability to pick up new technology independently
• Be able to work under pressure and multi-task while remaining professional and courteous
• Open to frequent travels.
• Exceptional ability to analyze problems and to propose innovative but workable solutions
• Team player
• Open minded, flexible, and willing to listen for other people’s opinions.
• Excellent verbal and written skills ARE A MUST
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142304