MasterCard Infrastructure Design Services (Relaunch Your Career) in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Infrastructure Design Services (Relaunch Your Career)
This role is part of Mastercard’s Relaunch Your Career program. This is a 16-week paid placement that helps people who have had a career break return to work. You will have the chance to be part of a dynamic team, lead engaging projects, plus receive on-the-job training and coaching and support. At the end of the paid placement, there is a potential for you to be hired in a permanent role. This position is at the mid-career level.
Infrastructure Design Services is a team of Technology Architects and Engineers responsible for the analysis and design of the infrastructure framework to fit the application, platform or system needs in-line with MasterCard's operational standards and principles.
Infrastructure Design Services is engaged from the beginning of the analysis and design phase to work with the application team(s) and other critical teams within Mastercard to ensure that the completed infrastructure and application architecture aligns with MasterCard’s security, scalability and availability standards.
Infrastructure Design Services' primary deliverable is the TAD (Technical Architecture Document) which details the infrastructure design for the application, platform or system.
This job requires experience in internet fundamentals related to web servers, application servers, internet security and other internet technologies.
This job actively performs designing and delivering internet infrastructure solutions that satisfy member, product, service and backbone requirements.
• Have you ever worked with Microsoft Visio to design middleware infrastructure from the ground up?
• Can you interface with the user(s), application team(s), etc., and all other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs and requirements?
• Can you generate the highest level of system requirements, based on the given requirements and other constraints?
• Can you ensure that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined?
• Generating requirements, together with other architects, engineers, application team(s) and user(s), to determine that all of the high level requirements have been met.
• Generating products such as TADs, technical documents, logical flows, and models to keep the user(s), architects and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the application, system or platform to be provided as it is evolving.
• Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
• Resolve internet architectural and operational problems impacting infrastructure and product availability and performance globally.
• Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in MasterCard’s internet infrastructure.
• May assume lead and total accountability for ongoing regional projects as assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
• Implement, manage and support internet infrastructure components while leveraging current standards and best practices.
• Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration management for MasterCard internet components.
• Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production execution of all relevant systems.
What we offer to help you find your way as a Relauncher:
• A 16-week program, on a paid fixed-term contract
• Comprehensive learning resources to help you settle in and grow – from learning about our business, to workshops on presentations and networking, online learning and coaching from managers
• A structured ‘Getting Started’ program
• An engaging and stimulating project to work on
• A career buddy assigned from day one
• A supportive manager equipped to help people return to work, with regular check-in sessions
• Depending on availability and our selection criteria, the chance to be hired for a permanent role
All About You
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network, operating system principles and web middle-ware.
• Thorough knowledge in one or more core functions related to internet infrastructure design and/or web administration.
• Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical.
Relaunch Your Career is for People Who:
• Have taken a career break of around two years or more
• Are interested in returning to work on a permanent basis
• Have previous experience at mid-management level, ideally gained in technology, financial services and professional services organizations
• Are team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers and adaptable
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114577