MasterCard GDR Manager - Strategy in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
GDR Manager - Strategy
Are you somebody –
• Who has strong technical experience and has managed large scale re-architecture projects?
• Who is passionate in leading a technology team that is building a highly scalable and resilient product?
• Who enjoys working closely with the team members in building their career, define their growth path and work along to make it possible?
Mastercard® Global Data Repository—a leading technology repository that houses enhanced information (daily transactions from MasterCard issuers plus data from vendors such as airlines and hotels). GDR powers multiple Mastercard commercial products and provides enriched data to Mastercard smartdata.gen2, a scalable, global, web-based solution of payment data and information management.
Global Data Repository (GDR), maintains data in a highly secure environment behind multiple firewalls, it collects detailed data from many different sources and aggregates it into a single common format for distribution to various entities. It distributes data globally on a daily basis to issuers and their customers via Smart Data solutions, or directly to those customers using their own MIS or ERP system.
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, and highly efficient co-located individuals. There are multiple teams as part of SmartData GDR, spread over (Pune) India and (St. Louis) USA.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, project managers and product owners. • The team is cross-functional, and follows the agile SAFE methods to deliver the work
This is a Manager position for GDR application within the suite of Commercial products, based out of Pune. This is a very strong position that offers full ownership of the application. Primarily this position will deal with managing the team and work for the re-architecture of the platform.
As a manager you will be accountable and responsible for this application from all aspects related to customer commitments, release quality, release processes, application health and performance along with team/stakeholder management and other day to day operations. In addition you will work closely with your team in building a high performing team that is motivated to deliver the best.
As part of this role you will:
• Work closely with Product Managers to define, own and build the future roadmap of the platform
• Multitask and be able to work with project teams, release teams, business owners and other stakeholders distributed across geographies
• Closely monitor the code and day to day activities of the team and work with them in their professional development with regular feed backs. Inculcate and drive a habit of strong engineering principles and best coding practices.
• Follow Agile principles and lead a group of highly motivated scrum teams
• Understand the challenges that team is facing and help them address, be it related to stakeholders, process, quality, operations, delivery etc
• Work with TPM in Capacity planning and PI planning for the team and ensure that iterations progress and on track
• Own change management process right from creation through deployment and closure
• Ensure that customer commitments are met on time and with quality
• Lead and drive the process, quality and application health related initiatives
• Work with team members in defining their career path, build a development plan and help them learn and grow.
All About You
• A high energy individual with entrepreneurial skills and a passion to own a product
• Who enjoys and has demonstrated ability to own, take thoughtful risks and relentless customer focus with decency at the heart of it.
• Experience managing a cross-functional team on a global scale
• Strong knowledge of Java, Spring, Hibernate, CI/CD tools and test automation to be able to guide and lead teams in the right direction
• Experience developing team members and influencing executive management
• Strong experience in Agile and SDLC delivery methods
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience identifying, analyzing and mitigating risks
• Ability to translate technical information into business language
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a geographically distributed work environment
• Highly proactive with strong coordination and organization skills – This is important for this role.
• Knowledge and experience of working with JIRA/Rally will be preferred
• Understanding of and experience with Java will be preferred and stand you in good stead
• Desire to stay abreast with technology, new development tools and methods
• Good understanding of Payment domain, PCI, PII and other financial security requirements
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114922