MasterCard Engineering Manager, Software Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Engineering Manager, Software Engineering
Mastercard is a technology company in the Global Payments Industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, travelling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
MasterCard is seeking talented individuals to join our Digital team in Pune, India. MasterCard is researching and developing the next generation of products and services to enable consumers to securely, efficiently, and intelligently conduct transactions regardless of channel.
Whether through traditional retail, mobile, or e-commerce, MasterCard innovation is leading the digital convergence of traditional and emerging payments technologies across a wide variety of new devices and services.
Join our team and help shape the future of connected commerce!
Mastercard is building a platform based on the EMV® Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) specifications which enable a common consumer e-checkout that promotes simplicity, familiarity, interoperability convenience and trust.
The Secure Remote Commerce team at Mastercard is searching for a (technical leader) Engineering Manager who is passionate about growing collaborative, healthy teams. We challenge each other each day to be better developers, better teammates and build a better product. While there are many tools in the toolbox, we are passionate about Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Delivery, a Data-driven mentality with a Culture of Experimentation, and Lean Agile as a way of operating. We strive to live in a world where everyone on the team has an equal voice, is empowered to innovate, and can make a big impact.
Engineering Managers will split their time between Technical (60%), Managerial (30%) and Recruiting (10%) activities.
What you will do:
• Build, lead, develop and provide hands-on leadership for top-notch engineers
• Create clear career paths for team members to help them grow with regular and deep mentoring, attract and retain top talent keeping long term goals in mind
• Drive strategy and vision across teams in a rapidly evolving environment
• Work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and guide the engineers based on the priorities.
• Work closely with diverse stakeholders and enable them by building scalable and quality technology solutions.
• Facilitate platforms solutions that span beyond the team and across the ecosystem
• Take accountability for moving the key business metrics within your area and provide thought partnership to the product team and ensure collaboration among product, engineering, and business operation teams.
• Drive agility in execution, create a strong team culture of responsiveness by leading by example and own decision making around prioritization for better predictability
All About You:
• You are an excellent communicator - able to understand and explain complex ideas clearly, orally or in writing.
• You are a self-starter capable of identifying problems or areas of opportunity and implementing solutions.
• You must be able to motivate a team, inspiring folks to do their best work.
• You must have solid understanding and hands-on experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, RESTful web services are a MUST
• Solid understanding and experience integrating as well as building scalable and performing web services
• Experience identifying and remediating vulnerabilities
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Engage and manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179454