MasterCard Engineering Manager (Services) in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Engineering Manager (Services)
Job Description Summary
Are you somebody –
• Who believes in technology enabled business capabilities?
• Who is passionate in leading a technology team that is building a highly scalable and resilient product?
• Who enjoys working closely with the team members in building their career, define their growth path and work along to make it possible?
Mastercard Commercial Solutions – Smart Data GDR is looking for an Engineering Manager who will lead a software development team focused on our core services – someone who combines deep technical experience with great people management skills and can help elevate our teams and our approach to engineering. We are building a culture that fosters innovation, built on a foundation of inclusion and diversity. We are looking for a candidate that has proven experience in coding, architecture leadership, and leading engineers in a fast-paced environment. This position is a mix of hands-on-keyboard development, process engineering, and management responsibilities with a strong emphasis on technical leadership.
You will be on the forefront of working on the Services/APIs that power our business as we build the next wave of technologies to drive our customer experience to the next level. This is your chance of driving a big impact by building user-centric API ecosystem that unlocks new business capabilities. If you are motivated, passionate, a quick learner and have effective communication skills, this role is waiting for you!
• Lead the engineering teams to build and evolve the APIs and asynchronous messaging systems that are core to our business
• Design solutions with a focus on resiliency, performance, and maintainability
• Build comprehensive developer experiences for our APIs – focused on secured, quick onboarding, ease of use, and great documentation
• Measure and evaluate features and system metrics to continuously improve developer experience and service performance
• Grow and inspire a team of engineers through a combination of coaching, mentoring, feedback and career development
• Cultivate a healthy, collaborative engineering culture that’s in line with our values and DevOps principles.
• Make recommendations on future technical architecture for software, platform, integrations and tools
• Work collaboratively to help define, execute and implement product roadmaps
You have knowledge and demonstrated experience in dealing with –
Enterprise level asynchronous /event based communication and integration.
Microservices topologies, including operational concerns such as resiliency, observability, discovery and routing, etc.
Enterprise security design in a Microservices architecture such as the role of Identity Providers and the Authentication / Authorization flow design.
Approaches to managing Architectural debt, Architecture governance and evolution in practice.
API lifecycle management and the corresponding technologies.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced work environment
• Exhibit sound judgment and swift decision-making skills
• Exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to collaborate and build consensus with others
• Knowledgeable about system design, data structures and algorithms
• Skilled at processing and analysing large data sets
• Experience working with distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
• MOST IMPORTANT - Love of technology; actively seeks continuing education of current and emerging technologies
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-149557