MasterCard Engineer, Software Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Engineer, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Software Development Engineer II at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Own tasks (dev, test, deployment) at an application/software component level
• Able to troubleshoot and refactor existing code
• Adopt new languages and architecture patterns needed for the work
• Influence the decisions made by the team
• Demonstrates active learning
All About You
• Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
• Hands-on knowledge of Java, Spring Boot and Microservices (REST API), SQL Queries
• Understands the use of basic design patterns
• Understands requirement analysis being an essential part of delivering value to our customers and partners with peers to participate in elaboration, prioritization, and effort estimation
• Understands Continuous Integration (CI) and Delivery (CD) concepts and capabilities to support automation, pipelines, virtualization.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Help & assist peers and other team members.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with TDD and BDD in the software development processes
• Have awareness of own strengths and areas of improvement and seeks out additional feedback and suggestions for improvement
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131313