MasterCard Engineer, Software Engineer in Test in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Engineer, Software Engineer in Test
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Payments Network is the nervous system of MasterCard is involved in developing Authorization, Clearing, Settlement, Network Access and Network Services for MasterCard.
Clearing program manages clearing processing for Credit and Debit transaction. Clearing Program is also involved in modernizing the architecture of the current transaction switching functionality
• Software Development Engineer in Test at Mastercard is a team of software quality engineers who are looking for exceptional talent.
• We are leading the quality transformation and working to facilitate best DevTestOps practices across MasterCard’s technology organization.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development to work closely with developers and leads to build test scenarios, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for working on automation for cloud native applications. This is will be across core payments products including Authorization, clearing and debit solutions.
• This position will also be responsible for driving best practices around Quality, Functional testing, Exploratory testing, and adoption of Development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.), acceptance test automation, quality gating reviews for promotion of software, and continuous integration.
• Works closely with software engineers to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
• Develops and implements QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies; partners with other functions to establish testing requirements
• Documents performance test strategies and test plans; translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Participates in requirements review and performance testing activities; monitors resolutions and retains documentation
• Identifies and implements complex automation efforts; replicates and resolves production issues for single application
• Defines and implements best practices for end-to-end application performance management solutions; focuses on emerging technologies
• Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools
• May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative and assigns day-to-day work
• Translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Acts as first-review for project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections
• Directs evaluation of testing tools for automation opportunities
• Ensure adoption of best quality testing practices for cloud native applications with principles of 12 factor applications adhered to.
All About You
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience (Must)
• Must have 5+ year of experience and should have hands on experience on the below listed skillset.
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: Java, APIs (REST and SOAP) etc. (Must)
• Hands on experience in Groovy, Java scripting etc. (Must)
• Security Testing Tool like Fortify, Checkmarks etc. (Must)
• Exposure in building and using automation frameworks using technologies: Java, JUnit, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, REST, JSON and XML. (Must)
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure higher code/conditional coverage. (Must)
• Experience in working in Agile Methodology. (Must)
• Knowledge in migrating from mainframe to Cloud/micro-services. (Preferred)
• Knowledge in Digital Native Architecture (Preferred)
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.(Preferred)
• Domain knowledge in Core Payments specifically around Knowledge in testing real time transactions (Preferred)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145556