MasterCard Director, SW Development Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, SW Development Engineering
Brighterion, a Mastercard company, was founded in 2000 and acquired by Mastercard in 2017. We deliver a leading artificial intelligence and machine learning platform that provides real-time mission critical intelligence from any data source, regardless of type, complexity or volume. Our AI solution secures billions of transactions monthly and is used and trusted by many of the world’s leading organizations and governments in payments, compliance, financial markets, security and defense, healthcare, Internet of Things, marketing and more. Currently we serve 74/100 of the largest U.S. banks and more than 2,000 customers worldwide, processing more than 100 billion transactions annually.
• Would you like to be involved in developing industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by using state of the art technologies to speed business solutions to market?
• Do you want to create innovative solutions to challenging business problems?
• Do you enjoy mentoring and developing resources in a high performance culture?
• Manage on-time, high quality delivery of new feature requests, infrastructure improvements, production defect resolution, and other technology opportunities.
• Lead the delivery of software applications hosted on public cloud infrastructures
• Provide management direction and recommend strategic direction based on established policy.
• Lead and manage team and assure appropriate staffing, training and objective setting.
• Guide developers and requestors to identify scope of project.
• Ensure approved staffing levels are maintained, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs are met.
• Ensure staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans.
• Review and approve the development or revision of operational processes and procedures.
• Recommend strategic direction and policy changes.
All About You
• The person filling this role should have extensive understanding and knowledge of software development, testing and site reliability engineering
• Experience delivery solutions on public cloud infrastructures (AWS/Azure) and experience with site operations
• Proven experience with improving CI/CD pipeline automation, SRE, agile practice, and other techniques to improve team velocity
• Previous background managing engineering teams developing C++, React, or similar industry-dominant languages and frameworks, and site operations on public cloud infrastructure
• Ability to translate highly complex technical matters into easily digestible and actionable plans.
• Strong leadership skills to manage technology team and collaborate across entire management team
• Ability to foster open communication across various organizational levels
• Skills to motivate direct and indirect reports to deliver superior results.
• Ability to interact across multiple organizational levels and assume a lead role and set direction for large or complex projects.
• Experience preparing & delivering executive level presentations to business and technology audiences.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related functional area or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126343