MasterCard Director-Software Engineering in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry’s most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
The chosen candidate for this position will be the Director of Software Engineering in a strong global team and responsible for delivery of high quality software solutions using agile methodology.
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a payment service provider. We offer merchants around the world an omni-channel payment gateway with integrated services (e.g. fraud risk management, alternative payment methods, currency conversion) while reducing their exposure to pain (chargebacks, PCI-DSS compliance etc).
The chosen candidate for this position will be a strong Development lead of the software engineering team that develop and deliver of MPGS software solutions.
Are you a leader, influencer and innovator?
Do you want to be part of an agile software development, collaborative environment?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Do you love to solve problems and find creative solutions?
1) Provide accountability and ownership of all technology deliveries for the team.
2) Provide strong people management including coaching, mentoring and supervising day to day tasks
3) Experience in SAFe Agile app development
4) Must have a strong focus on Financial Management, Strategic Resourcing models based on corp location strategies
5) Must demonstrate long term strategic thinking and leadership.
6) Must ensure a strong Knowledge Management Framework that can be utilized by Global teams
7) Build self and team into Functional SMEs on the Gateway Platform (Target)
8) Must be solutions oriented – ultimately find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirement on time.
9) Assist defining processes and choice of development tools to be used across the group
10) Ensure code is easily maintainable and tracked in version control system
11) Provide task estimates, level of complexity assessment
12) Provide input to scheduling of projects
13) Ensure tasks get executed on time and to required standards
All About You
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Agile Methodologies is required.
Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
Comprehensive experience with the following: Software Engineering Best Practices, Team Leadership & People Management
Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-84778