MasterCard Director, Software engineering (Agile Development, payment domain, C/Java/technical skillset) in Pune, India
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Software engineering (Agile Development, payment domain, C/Java/technical skillset)
The Authorization program is a collection of core transaction processing applications that are critical to Mastercard’s overall success. The Dual Message Authorization development teams are focused on modifying and creating new functionality for credit card transaction processing. This Director role will be responsible for guiding teams of IT Professionals to deliver high quality, high performing, and architecturally robust application code.
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, writers, designers and scrum masters. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Ensuring that agile principles and practices are being followed by the teams
• Appropriate development tools and processes are in place to ensure quality
• Ensuring that automated test coverage of code is continuously improving
• Establishing realistic estimates for timelines based on team velocity
• Establishing metrics for Build and UAT quality
• Provide technical guidance and direction to team members with varying levels of skills and experiences
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
All About You
• A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
• Excellent communicator and collaborator
• Problem solver and solution-seeking approach
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to build rapport and relationships
• Understands the full SDLC
• Knowledgeable – possessing the technical knowledge, market knowledge, and other specialized knowledge of the team’s problem domain
• Team player
• Agile Scrum XP experience
• Computing degree
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-89052