MasterCard Director, Software Development Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Development Engineering
The Digital Wallet Ecosystem (DWE) program is part of Mastercard Markets and Localization team, responsible for driving the identification of new opportunities across different markets and building bespoke solutions and integrating with the wider Mastercard products and services.
The DWE program aspires to be the platform of choice for economies moving into the Digital first world of payments. We are building a solution and an ecosystem to enable the Mastercard multi-rail capabilities into these markets, building a Digital Payment Hub that integrates with Mastercard and Industry Payment processing and management solutions – both in the online and offline world.
Our positioning puts us right in the middle of 3 key dimensions –
• Integrating with a varied set of global and regional Payments solutions,
• Ensuring Security as we deliver services in both an API-first approach and over mobile platforms, and
• Building an unique customer experience coupled with a set of compelling user journeys, meeting the ever growing and varied Digital financial needs of consumers.
We are looking for a passionate, innovative and experienced engineering manager with a proven track record in leading the delivery of software products and their implementation in various markets – comfortable both working at a technical level with the engineering managers, technical leads and engineers, as well as working at the product and business level with Product and Global business teams.
As the Director, you will be responsible for leading the engineering function and driving engineering excellence across all aspects of delivery. You will be leading a 100+ strong team on engineers – across build, test, implement and support lifecycle phases.
We live by the ‘Mastercard Way’ cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Director, Software Engineering at Mastercard, you will be expected to perform the following general duties:
• Work with business/product owners on one hand and architects and engineers on the other to drive the definition and implementation of the product
• Own the engineering delivery and drive improvements across all aspects of engineering
• Guide the teams on a business-value driven approach to all technology decisions
• Lead by example with hands-on approaches to demonstrate engineering excellence
• Provide people leadership and mentoring to the team
• Work closely with Technology and Business partners and help ensure seamless coordination and collaboration across them
• Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans
• Advance operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements that may affect consistent delivery of quality services.
All About You
Bachelor’s Degree in related functional area or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts
• Experience in design and development of software solutions
• Experience with Java technology stack. Mobile technology experience would be an added bonus
• Expertise in Agile and DevOps – with proven track record in delivering solutions using these principles
• Experience preparing & delivering executive level presentations to business and technology audiences
• Experience mentoring and developing resources in a high performance culture
• Ability to translate highly complex technical matters into easily digestible and actionable plans
• Knowledge of financial domain, preferably in the Payments space
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Has skills to succinctly articulate architecture patterns of complex systems, with business and technical implications, to executive and customer stakeholders
• Has experience in leading and coaching teams to perform software planning and estimation for large scale complex programs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127008