MasterCard Director, Data Science and Engineeering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Data Science and Engineeering
*The Director of Data Engineering & Analytics team will lead a growing team and work closely with the global D&S product development team to build scalable data / analytic capabilities for our products and solutions. The DEA team will develop data and analytics solutions that sit atop vast datasets gathered by retail stores, restaurants, banks, and other consumer-focused companies. The challenge will be to create high-performance algorithms, cutting-edge analytical techniques including machine learning and artificial intelligence, and intuitive workflows that allow our users to derive insights from big data that in turn drive their businesses. You will have the opportunity to create high performance analytic solutions based on data sets measured in the billions of transactions.
Join a fast-growing team
As a Director, you will:
• Drive the evolution of Data & Services products/platform with an impact focused on data science and engineering
• Work with a team of high-performing analytics, data science professionals, and cross-functional teams to build on newer product solutions, optimize product performance or go to market strategy
• Participate in development of data and analytic infrastructure for product development
• Participate in identification and evaluation of data elements to deliver analytics for product development
• Continuously innovate and determine new approaches & technologies to solve business problems and generate business insights & recommendations
• Partner with roles across the organization including consultants, engineering, and sales to determine the highest priority problems to solve
• Evaluate trade-offs between many possible analytics solutions to a problem, taking into account usability, technical feasibility, timelines, and differing stakeholder opinions to make a decision
• Break large solutions into smaller, releasable milestones to collect data and feedback from product managers, clients and other stakeholders
• Evangelize releases to users, incorporating feedback, and tracking usage to inform future development
• Work with small, cross-functional teams to define vision, establish team culture and processes
• Consistently focus on key drivers of organization value and prioritize operational activities accordingly
• Sponsor organization building activities i.e.; contributing to recruiting, and training
• Provide excellent leadership of team members through mentoring and superior project management over the course of multiple complex assignments
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• Experience leading teams to deliver advanced analytics / build scalable products
• Technical leadership in design, implementation and support of large scale data and analytics solutions
• Deep understanding and expertise with data pipelines, ingestion, storage, data wrangling, and data governance
• Prior experience in a data science product development role to build and deploy AI solutions
• Experience in design and execution of pipelines for real-time analytical use cases and API based solutions
• Ability to handle multiple complex product initiatives at the same time
• Deep MA data expertise and systems knowledge in building data products
• Strong hands on experience in data analytics, machine learning, and advanced statistics
• Profound knowledge in writing and optimizing efficient SQL queries with Python, Spark, Hive, and Impala handling large datasets in Big-Data environments.
• Curiosity, creativity, and excitement for technology and innovation
• Experience with Unix/Shell scripting and exposure to scheduling tools like Oozie and Airflow
• Ability to translate data and technical concepts into requirements documents, business cases and user stories
• Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to interact with different cross-functional team members at varying levels
• Motivation, flexibility, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Good understanding of agile working practices and related program management skills.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-126024