MasterCard Data Engineer ||-1 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Data Engineer ||-1
Data Engineer, Delivery Engineering Platform
Delivery Engineering Platforms is part of MasterCard Data & Services group and one of the most rapidly growing organization in the space. Platform Teams provides cloud-based analytic software tools that enable large, consumer-focused businesses to seize the Big Data analytics opportunity by triangulating between business strategy, algorithmic math, and large databases to improve decisions.
100 of the largest corporations in the world uses these products. Test & Learn™ for Sites, Test & Learn™ for Customers, Test & Learn™ for Ads, and other similar products employ patented algorithms and workflow to design and interpret business experiments that evaluate, target, and refine proposed business programs
The Delivery Engineering Platform team is a core component to consulting services, managing the data acquisition, integration and transformation of client provided data within the Test & Learn platform for global engagements.
The Data Engineer will participate on data management aspects of client engagements to deliver Test & Learn solutions, as well as contribute to and foster a high performance collaborative workplace. A Data Engineer will:
• Independently executes projects through design, implementation, automation, and maintenance of large scale enterprise ETL processes for a global client base
• Act as an expert data resource within the team
• Deliver on-time, accurate, high-value, robust data solutions across multiple clients, solutions and industry sectors
• Build trust-based working relationships with peers and clients across local and global teams
• Implement best practices and collaborate in the design of effective streamlined processes for a complex global solutions group
• Leverage industry best practices including proper use of source control, participation in code reviews, data validation and testing
• Comply and uphold all MasterCard internal policies and external regulations
All about you:
• BE/BTech in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research). ME/MTech preferred
• Excellent English quantitative, technical, and communication (oral/written) skills; is an excellent listener
• Expertise with hands-on experience with RDMS technologies, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server, the SSIS Stack and .Net; Proficiency with at least one scripting language (VB Script, Perl, Python)
• Proven self-motivated leader with experience working in teams
• Demonstrate excellent skills in the ability to innovate, think critically and disaggregate problems. Able to provide oversight, validation and quality control to own and team work product
• Able to balance multiple projects and differing project priorities
• Flexible to work with global offices across several time zones
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124621