MasterCard Azure Platform Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE)-1 in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Azure Platform Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE)-1
On the Cloud Platform team, you will be managing Mastercard’s Azure environment, while using your expertise in coding, analysis and system design. The team is responsible for managing the underlying infrastructure and providing deployment and infrastructure management solutions for software development and operation teams.
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, writers, designers and even users. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• The regional SDE Manager is the line manager for the Scrum Team members.
• The Technical Program Manager is the project manager for Scrum Team members.
• Implement solutions to manage Mastercard’s Azure infrastructure via code.
• Engage and improve the lifecycle of the Azure platform and platform services - from design to deployment, operation and refinement.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support production 24/7 environment as part of a global team. Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Release deployments that have suitably passed quality and security gateways.
• Debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
All About You
• A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual
• Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python or Go.
• Experience with Azure infrastructure management and automation
• Understanding of Windows/Linux operating systems
• Ability to create new functionalities via contributions to upstream opensource ecosystems (such as Terraform)
• Excellent communicator and collaborator
• Problem solver and solution-seeking approach
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Understands the full SDLC
• Possesses the technical knowledge, market knowledge, and other specialized knowledge of the team’s problem domain
• Team player
• Agile Scrum experience
• Computing degree
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-117279