MasterCard Automation Test Lead Software Engineer in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Automation Test Lead Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality and Performance Engineering, Functional and Performance Test Automation, In-the-wild and Exploratory testing, and adoption of Development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.) amongst various delivery teams within MasterCard.
• Interacts with technology staff including Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and engage in design, development, and test engineering activities.
• This position will focus on mentoring a team of Software and Test Engineers in driving quality and performance engineering and testing processes for various MasterCard applications
• This position will own complete quality functional areas and must be able to define test and environment strategies.
• This position will provide leadership on areas of execution for functional, non- functional, white box, integration and reliability testing for web and desktop based applications keeping automation and self-service in mind.
• Drive adoption of quality practices early in the life cycle through improved unit testing and code coverage, acceptance test automation, quality gating reviews for promotion of software, and continuous integration.
• Proactively monitor customer insights and production issues to seek quality feedback and improve processes to enhance quality of the product/capability that the position is responsible for.
• Position needs to focus on understanding of customer, product value, and product logical architecture holistically to develop test strategies covering all quality touchpoints: functional, non-functional, and user experience areas.
• Position will lead the development of automated testing frameworks within an application delivery team and be able to author automated test suites with code, front end GUI automation, service layer testing.
• Participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including: defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
All About You
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Eclipse IDE, Spring, JUnit, SOAP UI Pro, Selenium, QTP, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP).
• Exposure to DevOps practices (Continuous Integration and Delivery, Tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo) desirable but not mandatory.
• Experience in testing Web services and Web projects across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, Multiple OS/Browsers) – specific focus on cross browser and cross device test strategies.
• Experience in modern test techniques such as Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD and BDD).
• Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly. Solid leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to drive change.
• Expertise in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally/Rational Concert/Quality Center), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Experience with performance engineering and profiling, and tools such as Load Runner and JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to software security and crypto testing practices preferable but not mandatory.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously and communicate results.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146897