MasterCard Associate Sr. Engineer, Software Engineer in Test in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Associate Sr. Engineer, Software Engineer in Test
Have you ever developed an application with scalability and global distribution in mind?
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment, and energetic, innovative team?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
MC Global Bundling Team is looking for a high-energy, detail oriented Senior Engineer in Test to help lead a new Team that will be tasked to build a new platform that will change the way we work.
Senior Engineer Test at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations. She or he participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. Additionally, She or he influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
This position will be responsible for driving adoption of Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, and Continuous Integration).
• Position requires a good understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, Test Pyramid, and open source agile testing frameworks for both web service and GUI applications.
• Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, DevOps Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of projects and deliver services.
• Drive quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation covering all key practice areas including mobile, web, and API testing.
• Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) for Bundling team.
• Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience.
• Partner with peers, stakeholders, and management to prepare for rapidly changing product road maps on emerging technologies to ensure highest quality standards.
• Create and utilize automated test scenarios in-sprint coupled with manual integration/end-to-end testing.
All About You
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to software development and testing concepts.
• Web page GUI and user experience testing experience is required, including Selenium automation experience.
• Web service testing experience (REST/SOAP) is desired.
• Exposure to preparing and delivering executive-level presentations to business and technology audiences.
• Solid knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), SQL, UNIX/Linux, Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
• Knowledge of payments domain message flows, architecture, common design patterns, ISO message protocols, EMV standards, mobile payments, simulation/emulation tools highly desirable.
• Experience in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (Rally/Jira), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Exposure to Cloud concepts (i.e. Infrastructure-as-code,Platform-as-a-Service, etc.) desirable.
• Experience with cross browser testing best practices and concepts.
• Ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining aggressive test schedules.
• Experience creating and implementing complex test strategies/acceptance criteria/test cases to cover all testing phases, with heavy emphasis on integration and end-to-end testing.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139024