MasterCard Associate Professional , Systems Platform Architecture in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Associate Professional , Systems Platform Architecture
The Infrastructure Design Engineering team is looking for a candidate who can help us solve problems, plan and design/Build the footprint of our systems, and lead Mastercard in definition of standards and best practices.
Infrastructure Design at Mastercard is a team of Technology Architects responsible for the analysis and design of the infrastructure framework to fit the application, platform or system needs in-line with Mastercard's operational standards and engineering principles. Our team is engaged from the beginning of the analysis and design phase to work with the application teams and other critical teams within Mastercard to ensure the completed infrastructure and application architecture aligns with Mastercard’s security, scalability, reliability, and availability standards.
• Are you passionate about Infrastructure , systems architecture, and ensuring the set of high-level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined?
• Would you like to build mission critical middleware infrastructure?
• Do you have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results?
• Are you passionate about delivering quality?
Then… we would love to hear from you!
Major Accountabilities for this role:
• Responsible for gathering requirements and working with Senior leads for conducting infrastructural analysis, and producing robust designs that adhere to approved Mastercard technologies, and ensuring the design meets all Mastercard's technology and security policies.
• Responsible for meeting with peers, engineers, application team(s) and user(s), to determine that all the high-level requirements have been met.
• Responsible for generating products such as Technical Architecture Documents, technical memos, logical flows, and models to keep the users, architects, and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the architecture and infrastructure layout of an application, system, or platform.
• Responsible for ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
• Responsible for implementing, managing, and supporting application infrastructure components while leveraging current standards and best practices.
• In charge of resolving internet architectural and operational problems impacting infrastructure and product availability and performance globally.
• Responsible for researching and evaluating new technology for possible deployment in Mastercard’s internet infrastructure.
• May contribute to incident/problem diagnosis and root cause analysis.
• May provide input into performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration management for Mastercard components.
• Gains exposure to systems architecture, new technologies, industry standards and best practices.
• Participates in global technology initiatives for system and platform architecture
• Demonstrated initiative in building relationships with colleagues from multiple areas within Mastercard
• Exposure to internal resources and tools
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, or Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
All About You
• Advanced knowledge of Web application architecture and project delivery.
• Advanced knowledge of how the Java Virtual Machine works, how Garbage collection works.
• Knowledge of load balancers like BIg IP F5 and web application firewalls/DMZs
• Advanced knowledge of network and operating system principles
• Vast knowledge of middleware technologies (Web Servers, Application Servers, Queue Managers, Messaging, Caching)
• Working knowledge of Database technologies.
• Working knowledge of cloud technologies
• Solid knowledge of techniques or methodologies to achieve non-functional requirements like reliability, availability, resilience, performance, security.
• Working knowledge of Role Based Access Control, Authentication and Authorization mechanisms.
• Proficient in root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
• Displays leadership and initiative.
• Detailed oriented and customer obsessed.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts.
• Ability to pick up new technologies at a quick pace and learn on-the-go
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies
• Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
• Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169167