MasterCard Associate Engineer, Software Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Associate Engineer, Software Engineering
Associate Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Shared Services group is on a mission to drive adoption and evolve our Consumer Data Management (CDM) Services. These are internally consumed capabilities that are the foundation for Mastercard's product and service offerings globally. We provide a secure, unified source of Consumer PII/PCI data for all Mastercard products, allowing us to achieve a uniform view of a Consumer across all of our Products and Business platforms, to meet the needs of regulatory requirements. Our reusable API services allow us to manage the Consumers entire lifecycle from on-boarding to authentication so that Market facing programs can avoid having to do this development repeatedly and can focus on their core business services and capabilities.
The Mastercard CDM team in Pune is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to drive our consumer data management experience strategy forward through innovation and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, intellectually curious and has a passion for problem solving.
This role involves working with a team of talented and experienced developers to develop high performance, low latency, highly scalable Java based services. In this role, you will be involved in:
• Assisting with the implementation of innovative and resilient Java based capabilities to enhance the Consumer Data Management service offerings, adhering to coding standards of excellence.
• Working closely with Product Owners, Technical leads and other developers to help define features and user stories that materially impact the business and improve the consumer experience.
• Working as part of a co-located Agile SCRUM team to meet due dates, while working through emerging issues and recommending solutions.
• Researching alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
All About You
• Strong programming skills in Java, micro-service development and Junits.
• Knowledge of Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Tomcat.
• Exposure to both SQL and NoSQL persistence technologies, e.g. MongoDB, Redis preferable.
• Knowledge of software development test approaches & frameworks: ATDD/BDD, Unit tests, Cucumber, Spock.
• Command of CI/CD principles and tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Chef.
• Experience working with cloud hosting technologies such as PCF, Azure an advantage.
• Full stack engineering experience with Angular an advantage.
• Exposure to Splunk, Dynatrace or other monitoring solutions an advantage.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Show initiative and demonstrates a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Highly motivated and interested in being part of a high performance team environment.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131469