MasterCard Associate Engineer, Software Engineering in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Associate Engineer, Software Engineering
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. Join the industry’s most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
• Are you willing to work in a start-up environment with ownership and accountability while partnering with teams across the globe?
• Are you willing to deploy best engineering principles and practices to build an application that is scalable and resilient
• Are you a passionate problem solver who is willing to dive deep on a modern tech stack supported on a latest version of tools and frameworks?
If Yes, then Mastercard® Global Data Repository team is the right place to be —a leading technology repository that houses enhanced transaction information. GDR powers multiple Mastercard commercial products and provides them with rich data for end customer consumption.
Global Data Repository (GDR), maintains data in a highly secure environment behind multiple firewalls, it collects detailed data from many different sources and aggregates it into a single common format for distribution to various entities. It distributes data globally on a daily basis to issuers and their customers via Smart Data solutions, or directly to those customers using their own MIS or ERP system.
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, and highly efficient co-located individuals. There are multiple teams as part of GDR, spread over (Pune) India and (St. Louis) USA.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, project managers and product owners. The team is cross-functional, and follows the agile SAFE methods to deliver the work
This is a Developer role for the GDR application within the suite of Commercial products, based out of Pune. The developer is expected to drive and support the delivery of commercial solution in a fast-paced Agile environment.
This position is for a project that is establishing new technology stack that utilizes Java, spring, hibernate, websphere MQ on a service oriented architecture, communicating on an event based notification framework. The developer is expected to be dynamic, willing to learn and implement new technology and development methods.
• Development, peer review & deployment of projects
• Support business with technical queries and impact analysis
• Participate & contribute in requirement elaboration sessions, design the solution, point the stories and deliver them within the iteration
• Break stories into smallest possible piece of work and contribute to elaborations, sprint planning, and retrospectives
• Multitask and be able to work with teams across geographies
• Document learnings and knowledge capsules for long term benefit of the team
All About You
• A good understanding of Software design and build Principles, Patterns and Methodology, Oops concept
• Strong knowledge and hands on experience on
o Java, MVC framework like Spring (batch, boot) and ORM framework like Hibernate
o Oracle database and SQL
• Additional knowledge of below is good to have and will be preferred
• Strong Aptitude and analytical skills is a must have
• Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum preferably SAFe
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124314