MasterCard Analyst – GBSC Customer Onboarding and Monitoring in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Analyst – GBSC Customer Onboarding and Monitoring
Analyst – Compliance Services (Customer Onboarding and Monitoring)
At Mastercard, we are committed to protecting our network from being used to facilitate money laundering or terrorist financing, and ensuring that sanctions and export controls requirements are met. The Law and Franchise Integrity (LFI) teams of Global AML, Sanctions and Export Compliance (Global Compliance) have designed and implemented robust compliance programs to meet regulatory obligations and ensure that internal and external constituents have robust programs in place to meet Mastercard and regulatory requirements.
The Global Business Services Center (GBSC) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. The GBSC supports Global Compliance in meeting its compliance obligations.
The Analyst, Compliance Service role is located in the GBSC and reports to the Director, GBSC Compliance Services. The Analyst will support the Global Compliance team by conducting AML and sanctions-related activities as part of the customer onboarding and monitoring processes. Working under general supervision, this role leverages analytical reasoning skills to draw conclusions, resolve moderately complex research, perform root cause analysis, assess risk factors, and perform other assigned compliance activities.
• Perform customer identification and verification steps for potential new customers—typically less complex low and moderate risk customers and geographies—and ongoing review of existing customers to ensure adherence to AML and trade sanctions requirements.
• Review and analyze due diligence reports, typically for lower risk customers, to determine appropriate risk rating
• Perform periodic customer due diligence (CDD) reviews to reevaluate and confirm risk ratings
• With Global Compliance, communicate directly with global customers via email or conference call
• Document the review and investigation processes followed for each customer and alert reviewed. Follow recordkeeping and system entry procedures and retain as necessary for certification, reporting and statistical purposes
• Adhere to procedures and internal operational risk controls to comply with applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies
• Track the status of AML reviews during the onboarding of customers. Conduct analyses to provide monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics and reporting.
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Bachelor’s degree required or the equivalent experience in operations, risk management, law enforcement, or compliance.
• Compliance or risk management experience in the financial services industry preferred.
• Strong understanding of AML, BSA, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC controls and requirements
• Knowledge of banking or financial operations, transaction processing or payments-related industry experience is preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, and Excel
• ACAMS Certification preferred
• Clearly and patiently communicate complex concepts, both verbally and in writing, to internal MC partners and external customers
• Work effectively with global partners in handling issues and questions
• Demonstrate the qualities of a motivated self-starter with an appetite to learn and grow in a regulatory compliance function
• Follow and execute procedures with limited supervision, handle multiple tasks, and consistently meet established deadlines
• Confidently represent MC with customers. Balance meeting the requirements of Global Compliance with providing a positive experience for our customers
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163060