MasterCard Accountant in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard Technology Private Limited, a MasterCard company is a leading provider of technology services to financial institutions.
• The GBSC (Global Business Service Center) Accounting Services team manages the end to end month-end close process following the established GBSC standard processes
• The incumbent will provide accounting shared services support to multiple entities out of the GBSC India hub.
• The candidate is not necessarily to would handle all of below, the role would evolve over time and it could be more specific to one or more activities.
• Supports the GBSC India lead in defining strategy and vision for GBSC India satellite including the transition of new functions into GBSC
• Acts as a change agent in implementing standardized processes with legacy teams
• Leads the end-to-end accounting close process including accurate and timely reporting processes
• Leads special projects which may include the transition of new entities and functions into the GBSC, process improvement projects, new acquisitions, etc.
• Acts as the key business partner and liaison for the retained organization
• Implements companywide accounting policies in accordance with GAAP and current accounting pronouncements; assesses impacts to statutory requirements and develops processes to address
• Manages key performance metrics and identifies opportunities and develops a recommendation
• Proactively liaise with the business for updates on transactions and new agreements
• Providing any input to accounting close in a timely manner and liaising with counterparts from the GBSC global hub and within the GBSC India hub
• Ensuring preparation of accurate, reliable, and timely reporting of financial statements and other financial data in accordance with applicable SEC, U.S., GAAP, statutory and regulatory requirements
• Ensuring compliance with global Finance and Accounting policies in accordance with GAAP and current accounting pronouncements; assesses impacts to statutory requirements and develops processes to ensure accurate reporting
• Identifying and managing key performance metrics and reporting and identifies process improvement opportunities
• Preparing period-by-period analyses and explains significant account variances
• Performing and/or reviewing payroll account reconciliations
• Preparing payroll information or schedules for external audit requirements
All About You
• Strong knowledge of financial principles and accounting practices (working knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS; expertise in iGAAP)
• Bachelor’s degree required, CA/CPA required
• Oracle Financials experience preferred
• Previous experience in helping establish shared services in India preferred
• Previous experience working in shared services and payroll team
• Strong organizational skills required to manage multiple, concurrent tasks
• Strong presentation and communication skills, including the level of comfort in communicating with senior management
• Strong project and people management skills
• Domestic and international travel required; implementation phase will require heavy travel
• Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization, and has the ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with emphasis on building strong, longer-term relationships worldwide across varying geographies and functions
• Strong commitment to customer service excellence
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141213