MasterCard Accountant, O&T Controllers Team in Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Accountant, O&T Controllers Team
The Professional will support the Operation & Technology business unit by providing oversight to financial reporting, ensuring integrity and accuracy of financial statements and ensuring compliance with accounting requirements. The position will be required to build and foster relationships across the organization and with the shared service center managing monthly close process.
• Have you ever desired to work in a fast-paced environment where agility to manage multiple tasks is required and change is an essential part of every day?
• Are you motivated to be part of a dynamic Finance team helping building the foundation of new functions and relationships?
• Have you partnered with your customers in the past to make decisions that influence both sides to be the best for the company?
• Monitors month-end close activity and acts as liaison with the shared service center to drive accuracy of results and provide open communication link between the groups.
• Guides financial decisions related to business transactions by providing accounting/regulatory advice and by monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Ensures a strong control environment by supporting, monitoring and enforcing operational and SOX financial controls.
• Ensures ongoing compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions.
• Demonstrates appropriate understanding and working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls.
• Assists in supporting the business partner relationship, including performing any ad-hoc analysis and reporting
• Monitors month-end close activity to drive accuracy of results and provide open communication link between groups.
• Completes monthly and quarterly deliverables to assist in analysis of actuals and forecast
• Prepares monthly reporting and analysis of financial results and proactively research and resolve financial inquiries and issues.
• Support various financial business cases, models, and standard templates ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
• Contributes to special projects and preforms various ad-hoc reporting or analysis as needed with a strong customer service focus.
• Participates in development and implementation of process improvements to improve operational controls/efficiency and quality of output.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Demonstrate business acumen, with strong organization skills and strategic orientation
• High level of ownership, business acumen, and entrepreneurship
• Demonstrate experience in data analytics and using insights to drive impact
• Ability to follow up and follow through on time sensitive issues
• Desire to collaborate with the team and build working relationships across teams and all levels of management
• Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
• Previous experience in significant process improvements, with ability to prioritize and meet concurrent project deliverables
• Advanced MS Office skills (primarily Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of enterprise financial systems (e.g. Oracle/Hyperion, SAP)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-127648