MasterCard Merchant Relationship Manager in Prague, Czech Republic
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Merchant Relationship Manager
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the position is to coordinate day-to-day cooperation with Merchants across all Mastercard activities through being the first/single point of contact for the Merchants, Merchant Aggregator and relevant Mastercard departments.
• Significantly contribute to preparation of Merchant strategy and Execution plan through selecting the right focus areas and Merchants with potential for cooperation
• Actively and closely cooperate with other departments and service lines in successful execution of the strategy and delivery of targets
• Coordinate internal stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Advisors, Products) across the matrix organization to create synergies and coordinated approach to Merchants on day-to-day basis
• Drive preparation and maintenance of Account plans for selected Merchant Key Accounts with contribution of other departments
• Ensure delivery of attractive content for the new Mastercard Preference Platform through cooperation with Merchant Aggregator
• Build and maintain relationships with Merchant Key Accounts by identification and exploitation of win-win solutions
• Support engagement of Merchants in long-term "360degree" cooperation leveraging Mastercard products/services and other assets
• Contribute to preparation and execution of usage campaigns with top physical and e-commerce Merchants to drive transaction and reduce cash
• Manage the cooperation with the Merchant Aggregator (agency managing the contractual relationships with Merchants)
• Organize and run regular meetings with relevant audience with the purpose of coordinating Merchant-related and Merchant-facing activities
• At least 5 years of experience in relationships with Merchants and/or in B2B business
• Proven track record in cooperation with large companies and in negotiating deals
• Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to navigate in complex corporate environment
• Own network of contacts in the field is an advantage
Skills and abilities needed
• Drive and self-motivation ("can to attitude")
• Willingness and ability to learn
• Organizational skills
• Communicational skills
• Presentation skills ("being able to explain and sell ideas/products")
• Structured and systematic thinking
• Fluency in English and Czech/Slovak
• Ability to travel (mainly to Slovakia up to 20% of time)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139023