MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering-1 in Prague, Czech Republic
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering-1
Are you an Engineering Manager who wants to have a direct impact on the growth of a platform used by some of the world’s leading brands? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development?
SessionM, a Mastercard Company, is a customer engagement platform empowering global brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. We partner with brands to drive marketing transformation through innovative technology and services. We are headquartered in Boston with offices around the world including Prague.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help us build towards the future. We are investing heavily in our platform and growing our team considerably.
Our Engineering Managers are focused on enabling the success of our engineering teams. This involves creating an environment where individuals can do their best work, grow to new heights, and collaborate in a transparent and rewarding way.
You will not be contributing to the code base, but if needed you will comfortable diving into the tech stack, the integration patterns, to provide technical feedback to your team members to help with their growth, and to increase your understanding of the platform.
What you’ll be doing
• Formally lead and coach 2+ teams of engineers to build, enhance, and support multiple applications/services in the delivery of our market-facing platform.
• Work with business/product owners to develop and deliver on new services to introduce new products and bundles
• Recruit and hire the right talent
• Continuously engage and improve teams’ performance by knowing your people, managing career development, creating opportunities and inspiring them
• Provide and facilitate timely feedback, coaching in the moment, and mentoring for staff at all levels
• Provide strategic thinking and leadership related to a wide range of applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Proactively share and seek knowledge within their Guild/Program to drive reuse of patterns/libraries/practices and enhance productivity
• Take on or start a range of initiatives and special projects as needed
All About You
• Leadership experience managing one or more high performing technical teams
• Comfortable giving and receiving critical feedback with a focus on collective improvement
• The ability to lead through guiding and enabling others to success
• Demonstrated ability to operate with independence and autonomy. Comfortable with ambiguity
• Experience building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale with a deep understanding of those platforms' capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Can debate with credibility the engineering delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, respect, and authenticity
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing dependant teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
• .NET framework
• CI/CD pipelines
• AWS Cloud
• Relational and non-relational databases
• Performant, fault-tolerant distributed computing architectures
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141230